|fit-PC Users Forum
|Mintbox3 Wish list
|Page 1 of 1|
|Author:||ARXD [ Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:36 pm ]|
|Post subject:||Mintbox3 Wish list|
I have the Mintbox2, and it is awesome when it come to value vs price!
If Compulab will ever consider Mintbox3, this is what I wish they will improve:
1. Add folding small legs on the bottom of the device,
raising the device a 1/2" will allow more airflow for hit dissipation as hot air underneath the device will moves up (and out), replaced by colder air.
(I raised my Mintbox2 using a small simple mesh tray, and the temperature drop is noticeable)
2. m-sata SSD by default, will also help keeping the temperature down.
1. Use the Linux Mint logo on the front as a power button.
2. 4 USB-3, 2 in the back and 2 in the front
3. Bootable CF card reader on the front panel (I WISH)
4. Programmable IR (off/on) in the face module
5. IR Remote Control that fully support Linux Mint / XBMC! (yee I know.. I know... but it is a wish list after all, so why not add it?)
Do not change list:
1. USB spaces on the front module is perfect!
*not all USB devices has a standard thickness top size, and the space between the USB slots make it very easy to plug and unplug peripherals!
2. Connectivity! 8 USB slots are very welcome! also the 2 LAN! the more Connectivity, the better!
3."Linux Mint Cinnamon" is a beautiful Linux distribution, as a former Ubuntu user thank you for introducing it to me!
Please always keep and support Linux OS! It is hard to find manufacturer that have a full Linux support out of the box when it come to hardware!
|Author:||irads [ Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:40 pm ]|
|Post subject:||Re: Mintbox3 Wish list|
Thanks for the thoughtful feedback.
I assure you it was read thoroughly.
Chief Product Officer
|Page 1 of 1||All times are UTC|
|Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group