Okay, I'll bite -- SSD!

Dual Ethernet, 5.1 Audio, Standard HDMI... post here everything fit-PC2 does not have and you wish it had. We listen.
Henry

Okay, I'll bite -- SSD!

Post by Henry »

For faster boot-up and app launch, ruggedness, and silent operation. And, how about an OS or even a pre-boot (BIOS) software utility to "secure erase" unused space (should restore performance -- see AnandTech on this topic). Intel's SSDs seem to be the best, but even the cheapies in the EEE PCs are pretty snappy (until they fill up).

HereBeMonsters

Re: Okay, I'll bite -- SSD!

Post by HereBeMonsters »

I was surprised this was not an option actually, especially with the Linux version...
There are, of course, many problems connected with life; of which some of the most popular are: Why are people born? Why do they die? And why do they spend so much of the intervening time wearing digital watches? - Douglas Adams

ccmcphe

Post by ccmcphe »

Just buy a FIT-PC and install a SSD, then install Ubuntu. I've done it and it's real sweet.

morgad

Post by morgad »

But if they offered minipci ssd option instead of wlan http://www.fit-pc2.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=826 then we would not need to void our warranties to fit them :-)

This would leave the main drive bay free for a 'data' drive

(Has anyone got comparative performance figures for SSD's in drive bay / USB2 / minipci ?)

Dave

XSNomad

Post by XSNomad »

With TRIM you shouldn't need to worry about a push button / bios / we need to get performance back from your SSD.

Return to “Wish list”