Digital Signage Full HD 1080 60P

hello

Digital Signage Full HD 1080 60P

Post by hello »

Hi,

I wants to find a small embedded pc for digital signage : I need to decode 1080 60P to an opengl texture in order to do some post processing. Is actually Fit PC3 a viable solution under Linux (to decode Video with hardware acceleration, it seems that the only option is linux).

When do you think to resell the final version of fit PC3 ?

irads

Re: Digital Signage Full HD 1080 60P

Post by irads »

I believe the fit-PC3 Pro will work well for the task. We can ship late-Dec to early January. You don't need to wait for a later version of fit-PC3.

Actually our tests show that HW decoding in Windows (using DXVA2) seems to show better performance than Linux VAAPI.

hello

Post by hello »

Linux vs DXVA2 :
does it means that it don't works well on Linux (I am using opengl so Dxva2 is not an option)

ship late Dec to early January :
Do you mean you can ship developer PC fit 3 or it will be possible to buy pc fit to resell ?

irads

Post by irads »

(I am using opengl so Dxva2 is not an option)
OpenGL is supported in Windows. The question is quality of Radeon drivers for Linux vs Windows. You can find better sources than us to estimate that.
Do you mean you can ship developer PC fit 3 or it will be possible to buy pc fit to resell ?
fit-PC3 is in better shape than being just a developer's PC. If the published limitations are irrelevant to your needs then there is no reason to wait.
Availability in January is still limited and would improve with production ramp-up. So I recommend ordering a unit for evaluation and if suitable planning on ordering more by February.

hello

Post by hello »

If I use Opengl , I can't use dxva2 because it's directX only ... So I need to know if the fit pc3 works smoothly on linux + opengl to play 1920x1080 60 P files (I suppose I need to use fluendo package to ensure hardware decoding)

Return to “Linux on fit-PC3”