IR drivers

flitter

IR drivers

Post by flitter »

Hi,

For a basic Linux installation which IR driver set will the IR component need please?

irads

Re: IR drivers

Post by irads »

Currently we don't have a ready solution for IR drivers. Unfortunately I cannot tell when we will have one.

monnier

Post by monnier »

irads wrote:Currently we don't have a ready solution for IR drivers. Unfortunately I cannot tell when we will have one.
Is there some documentation about the IR hardware, such that someone else could write a driver for it?
Of course a side-question is: why isn't fit-pc3 using one of the many already supported IR hardware?

irads

Post by irads »

The IR controller is SMSC SIO1007. Users that wish to develop their own IR driver are welcome to do so.
why isn't fit-pc3 using one of the many already supported IR hardware?
There are many design considerations - space, power, features, availability, longevity, SW support to name a few. In the case of this Super IO, not just IR is used but other features - eg serial port.

monnier

Post by monnier »

irads wrote:The IR controller is SMSC SIO1007. Users that wish to develop their own IR driver are welcome to do so.
I can't find any doc about this chip. Is it anything like the SIO1000?
Could it be that it doesn't need a driver (if it's anything like the case of http://thomas.patrickdepinguin.com/know ... ntrol-lirc)?

irads

Post by irads »

We can provide the datasheet to interested developers, but we cannot publish it.

Return to “Linux on fit-PC3”