FreePBX on Fit-PC2i

rem1473

FreePBX on Fit-PC2i

Post by rem1473 »

I had read that the Intel US15W chipset in the Fit-PC2i was not supported well by certain Linux Distributions. Does anyone know if CentOS release 5.7 will work right out of the box? Or do you need to jump through some hoops? How about the latest version of FreePBX? The latest version of FreePBX includes CentOS 5.7 and linux kernel 2.6.18-274.3.1.el5. Will FreePBX work right out of the install? or do the drivers need to be installed to make it work?

I am setting up a production phone PBX and want to make certain that I have selected good hardware. I really like the fact that Fit-PC2i is fan-less and with an SSD has no moving parts to fail.

gabrielh
Site Admin

Re: FreePBX on Fit-PC2i

Post by gabrielh »

We haven't tested those products
Gabriel Heifets

Fit-PC2/3/IntensePC support.

rluble

Post by rluble »

Works pretty much out of the box. I have installed Elastix (asterisk+FreePBX and a few other goodies) on a fit-pc2 and a fit-pc2i and it works out of the box.

monnier

Post by monnier »

rem1473 wrote:I had read that the Intel US15W chipset in the Fit-PC2i was not supported well by certain Linux Distributions.
The only known problem with this chipset's support is for the graphics card, which requires (problematic) proprietary drivers if you want your graphics to be accelerated.

Return to “Linux on fit-PC3”