Problem with VGA on Fit-PC3

Gerrit

Problem with VGA on Fit-PC3

Post by Gerrit »

I've bought a Fit-PC3 with Mint-Linux pre-installed. I also got a HDMI to VGA converter (fitVGA).
The Fit-PC3 starts up and I see the grub menu with four entries:

Linux Mint 12 64-bit, 3.0.0-12-generic
Linux Mint 12 64-bit, 3.0.0-12-generic -- recovery mode
Memory test (memtest86+)
Memory test (memtest86+ serial console 115200)

When I choose the firts one, I can hear the Fit-PC3 working, but the screen turns black and the power led of the screen starts blinking.

I seems there is a problem with a video driver, or something like that.

I'm planning to use the Fit-PC3 with a Faytech 19" Touch Screen, VGA, 1440x900 resolution.

At the moment I use a different monitor, a Samsung Syncmaster 2243NWX, resolution 1680x1050

How can I solve this poblem?

Gerrit

gabrielh
Site Admin

Re: Problem with VGA on Fit-PC3

Post by gabrielh »

The problem is with the ATI Catalyst drivers. We are working on the patch right now
Gabriel Heifets

Fit-PC2/3/IntensePC support.

lambers

Post by lambers »

Please inform me about latest status on this issue.
Is patch ready for download ? If not, is there workaround to solve problem temporarily?
Thanks for response!
Mr. O.D.J. Lambers
Managing Director

A1touch Solution BV
lambers@A1TouchSolution.nl
www.fit-pc.info

gabrielh
Site Admin

Post by gabrielh »

You can roll back to the open source Radeon driver. It works perfectly with FitVGA, however, the Catalyst video driver will give you a better performance
Gabriel Heifets

zphd

Post by zphd »

hi,

I got a fit-PC3-D2x2-T56N-WB-FM4U with a OCZ AGILITY 3 SATA III 2.5" SSD. I could install Ubuntu 11.10, Linux Mint 12, XBMCbuntu 11.0 on it without any issues. however, when I install the ATI Catalyst drivers (12.3) - either frome Gnome or with apt, binary or from source - after boot the system freezes within a minute in a random moment (with no detectable cause) in all systems. I'm fighting this issue for a month and I'm getting really disappointed...

- is that the lack of support in the linux ATI driver for Radeon HD 6320? or driver bug?
- how can I solve this? Xorg upgrade? kernel upgrade? Catalyst upgrade? driver patch?

any help appreciated.

z

UPDATE: the situation is the very same in Ubuntu 12.04 and Linux Mint 13 with ATI Catalyst 12.4

zphd

Post by zphd »

does anyone read this forum from Compulab?

igor

Post by igor »

This forum is constantly monitored by CompuLab support team and engineers.
Sometimes the best person to answer a specific question is unavailable, so answers may take longer than usual.
We apologize for the inconvenience.

gabrielh
Site Admin

Post by gabrielh »

Have you installed the following packages?

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get install fglrx-updates xvba-va-driver vainfo
Gabriel Heifets

zphd

Post by zphd »

thank you guys for the answer.

yes I did install those packages. actually there is no any issues before installing them (no/partial hw acceleration of course) but after installing them the system hangs after boot in a random moment and only hw reset helps.

please advice.

z

varna2

Post by varna2 »

Hello,

could please someone update me on graphic hardware acceleration status on Linux (Mint) on fit-pc3? I have been fighting for 2 days to make it work - and now I read that some failures are expected and some patch is in the process.
Should I understand that failure to start full hardware acceleration is not my fault? (I need 1080p full decoding real-time) How long should I expect to wait for a patch?

Thank you,
Arturas

Return to “Linux on fit-PC3”