View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:54 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 OpenCL very slow 

Post OpenCL very slow
I am using OpenCL on the GPU of a fitpc3 pro running Ubuntu 12.04 64bit for some real time data processing.

Unfortunately, I am having issues with the launch time for my OpenCL kernels (the time between a kernel being added by the CPU onto the OpenCL queue and the kernel sstarting to be executed on the GPU). I have attached a sample OpenCL program to this post that prints out average launch times for some test kernels.

On other machines I own, launch time are around 0.1ms time, yet on the fit3, they are between 8 -23ms. this large delays prevents to fit3 being used for any real time purposes. I have been posting on the AMD forums (see post: http://devgurus.amd.com/thread/166587) and it seems that it could be a problem with the amd drivers/GPU chip or some hardware configuration.

As the fitpc3s are advertised as supporting OpenCL - is there anything specifically in the fitpc hardware design or bios settings that could possibly cause this issue?

Attachments:
cltest.zip [2.39 KiB]
Downloaded 201 times
Mon May 27, 2013 6:19 am
Site Admin

Post Re: OpenCL very slow
fit-PC3 should reflect the OpenCL capabilities of the incorporated APU. System builders have very little influence on OpenCL performance. I am not familiar with a BIOS setting that affects OpenCL execution latency.

-------------------------

Fri May 31, 2013 6:57 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]