FIT-PC3 - frequent BSOD with SSD and windows7

medatxx

FIT-PC3 - frequent BSOD with SSD and windows7

Post by medatxx »

Hey Guys,

we have certain problems with our new FIT-PC3 Pro. We ordered without SSD and installed three SSDs so far.
At first it ran with an regular hdd, everything fine. It was a Win7 32bit and it was NOT installed on the FitPC, just plugged it in and started.
Then we installed an SSD (OCZ Vertex3, actual FW) - installed win7 64 bit and all the windows-updates, drivers from http://www.fit-pc2.com/download/fit-PC3/Win7/drivers/ and after about 2 days it startet crashing into BSODs.
spending some time in internet forums we found out that this could be a common issue with the ocz-drives.

so we ordered a new SSD (Samsung 830Series) and tried that one.. same procedure, but this time we were barely able to install the drivers, started crashing as soon as we unzip files etc.

we tried turning uefi-boot on an off, ahci, legacy ide etc. but nothing really seems so bring a stable system.

Some BSOD said Driver not less or equal , some claim an error with the memoy management, stop-codes like 0x00000 etc. all after about 2 or at least 10 minutes after the system came up.

i called the german distributor, they said that they know about problems with sata3-ssd and have good experience with intel-drives. could this be a reason why there are so many crashes?

any1 here who ran into same problems or can post configuration-settings that work?
i read about a BIOS-update coming up this month, something known about what improvements are planned?

medatxx

Re: FIT-PC3 - frequent BSOD with SSD and windows7

Post by medatxx »

medatxx wrote: i called the german distributor, they said that they know about problems with sata3-ssd and have good experience with intel-drives. could this be a reason why there are so many crashes?
FYI: i guess we have a damaged memory-module... running since 30 minutes without bsod. happy so far. usually he'd have crashed by now.

gabrielh
Site Admin

Post by gabrielh »

If you use a regular HDD, do you see this BSODs?
Gabriel Heifets

Fit-PC2/3/IntensePC support.

medatxx

Post by medatxx »

gabrielh wrote:If you use a regular HDD, do you see this BSODs?
actually yes. in the beginning everything was fine for several days, then we switched to ssd and the problems came up a day later. switched back to hdd - same errors.

i'm pretty sure its the memory, we took one out and its running fine now...
K.I.S.S - we tried so many things but forgot about the simple things -.- actually very embarassing :)

gabrielh
Site Admin

Post by gabrielh »

Please run a memtest. If there any errors, please consider to RMA
Gabriel Heifets

Fit-PC2/3/IntensePC support.

Return to “Windows on fit-PC3”