XP SATA Drivers (SOLVED)

Emjay

XP SATA Drivers (SOLVED)

Post by Emjay »

Hi, I am installing XP on a FitPC3. I am loading from a SATA DVD Rom. It appears I require SATA drivers. Could you email them to me?

gabrielh
Site Admin

Re: XP SATA Drivers

Post by gabrielh »

Please try to use an USB DVD drive. If you'll encounter an error, please attach a screenshot of the error to the post
Gabriel Heifets

Fit-PC2/3/IntensePC support.

Emjay

Post by Emjay »

I have set SATA to IDE in BIOS. I have tried both SATA & IDE DVD ROM connected via USB and also SATA CD ROM connected to eSATA. The same result. See photo.

Emjay

Post by Emjay »

Cant upload screen shot

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

If this is the first time you`ve seen this stop error screed, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps.

Check for viruses on your computer. Remove any newly installed hard drives or hard drive controllers. Check your hard drive to make sure it is properly configured and terminated. Run CHKDSK /F to check for hard drive corruption, and then restart your computer.

Technical information:
***STOP: 0x0000007B (0xF780663C, 0xC0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

Emjay

Post by Emjay »

Problem solved

Make sure DVDROM is plugged into USB2 (not USB3)
Upgraded BIOS
Must be XP SP3
Make an image DVD with SP3 using nLite
Dont require SATA drivers if set to IDE mode

Andy

Re: XP SATA Drivers (SOLVED)

Post by Andy »

Thank you for the above info. Please could you confirm that 'Service Pack 3' is a an unavoidable requirement when installing Windows XP. What problems occur when using 'Service Pack 2' for example?

gabrielh
Site Admin

Post by gabrielh »

Hi Andy

During the Windows XP EOL we haven't tested the Windows XP SP2 edition on the FitPC3 product line.
Gabriel Heifets

Fit-PC2/3/IntensePC support.

vtailor

Post by vtailor »

Hi there. A little late, but I actually did try SP2 on my basic North American fit-pc3 with the 1 ghz cpus. Remember you have to set the bios to IDE "compatibility mode" and plug your usb dvd player into the front usb plugs. But, Windows XP SP2 worked fine on my machine. Then I upgraded to SP3 using the upgrade download, and it worked fine under SP3.

If you get tempted to try Windows 8, remember to turn off dangerous updates, like the Microsoft "AHCI update", which kills analog sound in W7 and W8.

So soon they forget. Time was when IBM was secretive about the undocumented "rewind and stretch tape" instruction on the 7090.

There is one good thing about all flavors of Windows. They run cool.

Return to “Windows on fit-PC3”