Selecting the Correct Win7 WiFi Driver

hassellbear

Selecting the Correct Win7 WiFi Driver

Post by hassellbear »

Recently, I re-installed Win7 32bit Home Premium on my FitPC3 Pro. When I attempted to install the combination WiFi-Bluetooth driver I encountered a dilemma - there are 2 drivers available on the wiki - 1 for Azurewave and 1 for Qcom.

I tried a variety of techniques for identifying my card's vendor including looking up the WiFi Mac address vendor as well as the vendor and device ids returned by device manager. Neither method gave me a definitive answer beyond the chipset was by Realtek.

Finally, I removed the drive bay door and closely inspected the PCIe WiFi card with a magnifying glass. This inspection revealed my card is an Azurewave AW-NB057H. Once I knew the card's maker, I installed the Azurewave drivers and everything worked fine. Prior to this, I was having frequent dropouts.

If you're not sure about which card you have, the inspection method may work for you. I have attached a photo for reference. For the Azurewave card, the model number is the series of very small white letters on the bottom right just below the metal shielding can.

I hope this helps.
Attachments
FitPC3 WiFi.JPG
FitPC3 WiFi.JPG (53.36 KiB) Viewed 7342 times

gabrielh
Site Admin

Re: Selecting the Correct Win7 WiFi Driver

Post by gabrielh »

You can also obtain the information about your hardware device by checking it's DEV and VEN ID from the Windows Device Manager.
Gabriel Heifets

Fit-PC2/3/IntensePC support.

Return to “Windows on fit-PC3”