Using fit-VGA with fit-PC3 in Windows 7

gabrielh
Site Admin

Re: Using fit-VGA with fit-PC3 in Windows 7

Post by gabrielh »

1. Download the attached patch.
amd_edid.zip
(684 Bytes) Downloaded 961 times
2. Start your Fit-PC3 with the Safe Mode (you should hold F8 key before Windows 7 will start).
3. Unzip the patch, and place the amd_edid.bat file in to the programs\startup folder, or use this DOS code

Code: Select all

copy /Y amd_edid.bat %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup 
4. Reboot the system.
5. Your Fit-PC3 will reboot several times until you will be able to see the Windows 7 screen under the VGA mode, please be patient.

Please note: this patch uses general VGA screen EDID. If you have issues with your screen using this patch, please use your own EDID data, and replace with it the “Data2” value from the amd_edid.bat
Gabriel Heifets

Fit-PC2/3/IntensePC support.

aapartridge

Post by aapartridge »

Hello,

Looking for a solution to some heart break I'm experiencing from this fitPC3/VGA situation :

Originally, I had an old fit-pc connected to a lcd through a VGA-over-Cat5 device. This worked fine for years. I upgraded to a fitPC3 w/fitVGA and it no longer works.

I tried installing the batch file listed and I'm still not getting any results "no connection". (Is it required to run the batch file in Safe Mode only for it to work?...that could be my issue).

any known issues with fitVGA over a VGA/Cat5 device?

gabrielh
Site Admin

Post by gabrielh »

Good day

There most likely reason of your issue is the EDID data in the embedded in the patch. To fix this, you should replace the EDID string in the patch with your monitors EDID data. Once you have extracted the monitor's EDID, replace the "analog" value in the EDID string with the "digital" one.
Apply the patch with the new modified EDID data, and try to connect your monitor
Gabriel Heifets

diederik

Post by diederik »

gabriel, the amd_edid batch file is not working. Nothing is added to the registry. what information you need to get this to work? regards, Diederik

gabrielh
Site Admin

Post by gabrielh »

Hello dear Diederik.

You should use an appropriate EDID data, that will fit your screen. Try to extract the EDID from your analog monitor, and replace the "analog" EDID entry with the "digital". Replace the original EDID in the bat file with the new edited one.
Gabriel Heifets

Return to “fit-PC3 accessories”