Atom Z510 1.1GHz and Full HD 1080P

fit-PC2 as HTPC
mrscooby

Atom Z510 1.1GHz and Full HD 1080P

Post by mrscooby »

Is the fit-PC2 with Atom Z510 able to play Full HD 1080P?
I dont need wifi and i have a 2.5 sata hd already so if the Z510 is fast enough to do so the fit-PC2 Diskless would be perfect for me.

Second question: There is an ir receiver. But what about the remote? I asume its not included. Would a logitech harmony work?

irads

Re: Atom Z510 1.1GHz and Full HD 1080P

Post by irads »

The answer to both questions is "probably yes".
With hardware acceleration CPU utilization is under 20% when playing full HD, so it is reasonable to assume that the 1.1GHz can also playback well - but we have not tested it yet.

The IR receiver is connected to a programmable controller that should not have problems identifying smart remote codes. Again - we cannot be sure until it is tested.

turbomonkey

Post by turbomonkey »

I wanted to know what bitrates has the fit-PC2 been tested with, if I am outputting 1080p MKV files over HDMI with bitrates between 10-30mbit, will the hardware acceleration be able to handle them ??.

Also any ideas how I could output to S/PDIF as well.

fluffycloud

Post by fluffycloud »

Hi, did you mean optical or coaxial sp/dif?

The "Turtle Beach Audio Advantage Micro" is a little usb soundcard with a optical sp/dif port for about $30

-Fluffy

PS: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6829118107

turbomonkey

Post by turbomonkey »

Thanks, exactly what I would need, that looks great !, now all I need to know is whether I can expect full smooth 1080p MKV plyback over HDMI, with bitrates between 10-30mbit, and my decision is made !.

twins

Post by twins »

irads wrote:The answer to both questions is "probably yes".
With hardware acceleration CPU utilization is under 20% when playing full HD, so it is reasonable to assume that the 1.1GHz can also playback well - but we have not tested it yet.

The IR receiver is connected to a programmable controller that should not have problems identifying smart remote codes. Again - we cannot be sure until it is tested.

:?
well, if you don't have the time to do it, send me one. I will test it and post the results...... is it so "difficult/time consuming" to run basic(*) tests to your own product?

(*) When you advertise "hardware H264" and "IR receiver", checking
if it plays smoothly 1080p movies and if the IR receiver works at all are basic tests.

turbomonkey

Post by turbomonkey »

I'm more than happy to give it a complete thorough test also !!, you can count me in if you are willing to take on a few volunteers ! :D .

Having built a few HTPC's for people myself, I'd know what to expect in terms of performance.

I'm sorry but the basic tests will not make me buy this product (I am also looking at purchasing multiple units), I need conclusive results on it's performance. Either that or get one of the Popcorn Hour A-110 media tanks, which have been tested and have proven to do the job.

fluffycloud

Post by fluffycloud »

Testing consumes time: In a product release cycle, a final testing period happens just before release. I can't buy one yet, so they're probably still doing their final testing right now.

But that aside, I think you're talking about testing different things. They've probably tested their IR receiver and know it works. But they can't have tested every IR remote out there to know if it works with either windows or ubuntu.

Third... If you want to know about the graphics, they're provided by the GMA 500 chip. Read More Here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_GMA#GMA_500

It looks like quite a capable chip... It's the same CPU & graphics controller you'll find in Dell's Mini 12 and Sony's Vaio P series. But just like any other computer, we'll have to wait until we can get our hands on them to see how well everything fits together and do a performance review.

-Fluffy

mpatel

Post by mpatel »

Anyone ever follow this up?

PsychoPAT

Post by PsychoPAT »

Did anyone test finally this? I'm thinking about buying a fit-pc and full HD support is one of my first requirement.

I've another question : I know HDMI can transmit both audio and video but in fit-pc, there's only a DVI out. DVI also transmit audio or does it require a dedicated audio connection?

Return to “HTPC”