Validated Home Theater PC Configuration

fit-PC2 as HTPC
benwhite

Validated Home Theater PC Configuration

Post by benwhite »

As there is a lot of buzz around tiny devices used as a HTPC, It would be nice if you could provide at least one working configuration that you have tested, and how the Fit PC2 faired.

1) Software - What "Media Center" software should we use, Boxee, MediaPortal, etc...

2) Video Performance - What video formats worked (xvid + mp3 @ 1500kbps, etc...)
I don't think you need to hit a ton of formats, but I'm sure there are a few biggies that would be really helpful.

3) Flash - How do flash videos manage (I think we already know this will not be a strong point for the device but should be included)

Does it really meet the demands of a 1080p HTPC?

If there was a definitive yes, I would expect many people would be clamoring to get their hands on one of these. As it stands, everyone seems to be waiting for the first person with some money to burn to tell us if it worked, and how.

I wouldn't mind providing a validated setup, and some details, but I don't really want to be out $400 if it doesn't pan out...I think others feel the same way.
Ben White
Media Enthusiast

yogev_ezra

Re: Validated Home Theater PC Configuration

Post by yogev_ezra »

Fit-PC resellers are usually happy to lend a unit for a review. Just find a reseller in your country, and offer to review it. Or at least tell us where are you from ;)

benwhite

Post by benwhite »

I'm in the US.
I'll see if http://www.thebookpc.com is willing to provide a test unit.
Although I do not currently have a site that I post reviews at.
Any thoughts on where I could post a formal review of this device if they were to provide a unit?
Ben White
Media Enthusiast

yogev_ezra

Post by yogev_ezra »

Try Amazon.

benwhite

Post by benwhite »

Wish they sold the Fit-PC2 @ Amazon.

I'll see if any of the news/review sites I know of are interested in posting my review of the Fit-PC2 as an HTPC.
Worst case I could always post something here in the forum.
Ben White
Media Enthusiast

yogev_ezra

Post by yogev_ezra »

Fit-PC2 will be sold on Amazon, but I don't know when. Maybe until you arrange to borrow a unit, write a review, edit it - there will be already sale on Amazon.

Return to “HTPC”