Orders for FIT-PC3

Find fit-PC3 news at https://plus.google.com/+Fitpc-by-compulab/
pitr

Orders for FIT-PC3

Post by pitr »

Hi,

Are there any details available on the ordering options as of the 15th of november for the FIT-PC3 ?

Can I expect to place an order on that day for shipping to Europe?

I am anxious to clean up the last running servers in my basement, by replacing them with FIT-PC3 :-)

Kind regards,

Pieter

irads

Re: Orders for FIT-PC3

Post by irads »

We are manufacturing a pilot batch of a few hundreds units.
If you can wait, I advise you to do so. There are often bugs uncovered with pilot batches. Later production runs are more refined and run more reliably.
Just to clarify - we provide full warranty on all units, yet shipping back to Israel can be expensive - and you may want to minimize the risk of needing to do so.

Anyway with the pilot batch it will be a few weeks between taking the order and shipping.

mostacholoco

Post by mostacholoco »

Hi irads,

Just to follow your last comment. When do you think those later production runs will be refined enough? By "enough" I mean I shouldn't need to send it back to Israel. Probably, you can provide an estimation based on fit-pc2.

Thanks!

irads

Post by irads »

The next production run is scheduled for January.

dim3nsi0n

Post by dim3nsi0n »

Hello. I would like to purchase one unit for a Christmas Gift. I live in UK. Do you think that the APU G-T56N barebone with 4 Gb ram could arrive until Christmas?
Thank you!

irads

Post by irads »

That's very marginal. We should have the ribbed cases 2nd week of December and might not make it shipping before the 20th. The T40E or T40N versions can be in time.

jtsauburn

Post by jtsauburn »

I'm interested in the fit3 Pro, but I want 8gm ram and I see that you say some don't work. Is the crucial CT2KIT51264BC1339 compatable? If not, what one is? The fit pro barebones is out of stock. When will it be available? What's the availability of other face modules for the fit3 Pro? Is it possible to get the fit3 pro with the normal (not ribbed) case? If I get one now, what options do I have when the final one releases? :P

irads

Post by irads »

fit-PC3 Pro is not suitable for the standard case because it is not designed to dissipate sufficient power. So far all the DDR3 SODIMMs we tested are found to be working well when two identical ones are being used. We will publish a list of tested and qualified models.
We expect barebone models to be available in January.

prpixel

Post by prpixel »

Irads,

When are you going to start taking orders for the Pro bare bones? Also, updates on the lead times?

Thanks for all your patience answering my many questions,

irads

Post by irads »

We will be taking orders for barebone with the next production batch scheduled for January. Current batch lead-time is 5-8 weeks.

Return to “General fit-PC3 questions”