FitPC Not Coming on at Low Temparatures

SkyCop

FitPC Not Coming on at Low Temparatures

Post by SkyCop »

Hello,

We have started using Fit PC in our mobile trailer applications and they are housed in sealed aluminum but they are outside. Recently the temperature has been in the 10-20 degree range Faranheit -12 to -6 Celsius Range and the PC is not booting up.

The number listed on the PC are :
X00058RTWz - Barcode
FITPC2I - D2G-C2000-W

I know the temp ratings are : Commercial 0 degrees to 70 degrees C Sample cards from each batch are tested for the lower
and upper temperature limits. Individual cards are not tested. // Extended -20 degrees to 70 degrees C Every card undergoes a short test for the lower limit 21 // Industrial -40 degrees to 85o C Every card is extensively tested for both lower and upper limits and at several midpoints.

And wanted to verify it is indeed an industrial model and why it is not booting.

Thanks.
Ryan
ESI Companies
SkyCop

irads

Re: FitPC Not Coming on at Low Temparatures

Post by irads »

Regarding temperature rating, unless the fit-PC2i has TE or TI extension in the PN it is rated as 0-70C.
Buyers looking for extended temperature fit-PC should contact sales@fit-pc.com

Specifically, I suggest you open the cabinet and directly check the behavior of the fit-PC2i itself.
- Does the fit-PC2i itself power up?
- What kind of storage device is used?
- Is there condensation inside the cabinet?
- Does this specific fit-PC2i boot normally now in warmer conditions?

Normally fit-PC2 behaves well at low temperatures - see http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... l7zZTDQL2E#!

Return to “fit-PC3 faults and troubleshooting”