USB Audio Card issues?

Jcbbuk

USB Audio Card issues?

Post by Jcbbuk »

Hi

Got a FitPC3 Pro (standard RAM) and 120GB SSD.
I typically use the two 3.5mm audio sockets for headset usage and also a USB Creative X-FI audio USB card to provide me with another audio route for a comms device. This comms device is mono and not resource hungry (low audio quality).
Audio on the standard 3.5mm sockets appear ok, when I connect my USB audio cards to any USB socket I get a heck of a lot of "noise" on the headset.

I have swapped out known cables and cards with other working non FitPC3 computer.

PC is fully uptodate(WIN7PRO), I have played with the audio setting and nothing seems to work.

Any sugguestions would be great?

Cheers

J

gabrielh
Site Admin

Re: USB Audio Card issues?

Post by gabrielh »

We are unfamiliar with this issue. Thank you for submitting it. We'll investigate this and update this post.
Gabriel Heifets

Fit-PC2/3/IntensePC support.

Jcbbuk

Re: USB Audio Card issues?

Post by Jcbbuk »

Just an update on this issue.

I had to ditch the Creative USB X-Fi external card due to the problems and sound. I bought a £5 USB to audio converter (cheap and horrible) and it works a dream - very pleased with it.
Headset audio via 3.5mm FITPC3 sockets and a cheap USB sound card (white with a short flying lead) - £5 off ebay for my comms device.

Definately an issue with sound somewhere as I use X-Fi cards on other machines with no problems.

Return to “fit-PC3 faults and troubleshooting”