fit-VGA and VGA monitor compatibility

Andy

fit-VGA and VGA monitor compatibility

Post by Andy »

Hi there,

I have a fit-PC 3 Pro, with a fit-VGA adaptor.

I have two VGA monitors:
1) Proview 786N 17inch CRT monitor
2) LG Flatron L1515S 15inch TFT monitor

Connecting to the first (Proview) monitor with the fit-VGA adaptor works, i.e. I am able to see the startup screen and BIOS.

Connecting to the second (LG Flatron) monitor, I am unable to get any display at all. The LG Flatron monitor does not respond. It behaves as if no computer is connected to it. It makes no difference whether I switch the monitor on before the fit-PC or visa-versa, the result is the same, i.e. no VGA signal is detected by the monitor.

Both monitors have been tested and work correctly with other desktop PCs which have an integral VGA display output. The LG Flatron has been reset to its factory settings.

Are some VGA monitors incompatible with the fit-VGA adaptor?

If anyone has encountered this before, or has any suggestions as to how I might remedy the situation, I would be most grateful.

Thanks very much for your help

Andy

Andy

Re: fit-VGA and VGA monitor compatibility

Post by Andy »

Having just re-read my original post, I realise that my description was not entirely correct. The issue with the LG Flatron TFT monitor applies only to displaying images outside of the Windows desktop environment (i.e. before the EDID patch has kicked in). I have come across this situation before with other computer systems. From my own humble experience, and for reasons that I don't understand, it seems that old CRT monitors are less fussy about the VGA signal they receive.

If like me, you don't have easy access to a display device with a digital input, but you do have access to an old CRT monitor with a VGA input, you might be able to use it with your fit-VGA adapter in order to install your operating systems and EDID patch.

Return to “fit-PC3 faults and troubleshooting”