My base fit-pc3 works in Windows 8, rather well in fact

vtailor

My base fit-pc3 works in Windows 8, rather well in fact

Post by vtailor »

Yeah sure, I had some problems with it initially, but I have had similar problems with other AMD chipset installations. And, to prove a point, I installed Windows 8, rather than Windows 7. Recently, I changed over from a laptop 2.5" ssd drive that claimed SATA3 to a mini-pciexpress ssd card that began to work when I changed the bios to sata2 for the pciexpress hard drive.

To tell the truth, setting the "power options" to "performance" is exciting, because then Windows 8 shuttles the cpus up to 1.28 ghz, while claiming a 1 ghz maximum. You might say, the base bargain model gets jet propelled with these two minor changes. Or, if you prefer a really cool case, and I do, you can set the power options to "powersave", and it still works.

Also, experience from other AMD system installations indicated that the Compulab Windows 7 fit-pc3 graphics driver would work fine in Windows 8, and it does. You can do without it, but, if you want a custom resolution, say, for your television set, you need the Compulab driver. Reason: The generic driver only does full screen at full resolution. The Compulab AMD driver adds a box you can check to make lesser resolutions full screen.

I'll have to post this elsewhere as well: If you want to trim your laptop or mini-pcie ssd drive in Linux, you do 'fstrim /' while in administrator mode. Yes, folks, there is an ext3/ext4 trim program for Linux. And, all of a sudden, large programs leap to the screen with the mini-pcie ssd drive after trimming.

Return to “fit-PC3 faults and troubleshooting”