Fit-PC3 BIOS AC loss set to power on & it works...sometimes

jimfred

Re: Fit-PC3 BIOS AC loss set to power on & it works...someti

Post by jimfred »

No solutions yet. We're running experiments with power conditioners and yesterday we got an Intense-PC with a Celeron and it does not exhibit the problem.

jimfred

Post by jimfred »

We're experimenting with some means of power conditioning (Caps, UPS, time delay relays etc) and we're testing a Celeron based Intense-PC. The Intense so far works OK and does not exhibit the power-up issue. No real answers yet.

opencompany

Post by opencompany »

jimfred wrote:We're experimenting with some means of power conditioning (Caps, UPS, time delay relays etc) and we're testing a Celeron based Intense-PC. The Intense so far works OK and does not exhibit the power-up issue. No real answers yet.
Hi there.
Auto-on operation should be guaranteed under any condition with Intense PC according to CompuLab. So I suppose that you can solve your issue easily with just using Intense PC.

Unfortunately we have many projects where we have to use fit-PC3 so we need to find a solution for this model and the 3 seconds limit (at least until CompuLab have solved it - I know they are working on it).

We have considered something like a time delay relay as well, a PSU with built-in battery or similar. However we need to find a manufacture with a complete industrial grade product - a small print or box which we can install between AC/PSU or PSU/DC which simply will delay the shutdown for 5 seconds. We need a quite large volume and might consider to have it manufactured our selves, if we can't find it somewhere else.

If you know of any product or manufacture we could take a look at, or just could share the solutions you are experimenting with, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks
Kind Regards,
Kevin Peter Gade

CompuLab Nordic A/S (www.compulabnordic.dk)
Danish distributor of fit-PC and other products from CompuLab since 2008.

jimfred

Post by jimfred »

For the short term, we're deploying a 12 VDC on-delay relay set to 5 seconds. This won't eliminate ALL possible timing problems but will help filter short power-jitters and reduce service calls.

The on-delay relay, set to 5 seconds, will still fail if power is on for 5 to 7 seconds - which would result in 2-seconds of power to the Fit and cause the no-start condition. We're assuming that 5 to 7 second power-on pulses are less likely than 0 to 2 second power-on pulses.

Longer term, we're working on a small UPS - 12 VDC in, 10 to 12 VDC out and serial/USB interface to the PC for power-down warnings.

Tim_Girard

Post by Tim_Girard »

We're developing a Simple, configurable UPS that will:
-Provide a timed (holding period) before initiating a power out signal to the Fit.
-Provide up to 1 hour to allow for the fit to shutdown gracefully.
-Has a very tiny footprint. Can be packaged under the fit or we'll have a DIN version.
-All parameters are configurable from the fit via serial (USB)
-We'll provide a simple config/control program and all serial codes if you want to talk to / configure the UPS through your own program
--All this for under $80 bucks.--

We should have a prototype by the end of Jan and be ready for sales shortly after that.
This will work for any FIT / small computer
Is this more of what your looking for Jim?
Anybody else?

jimfred

Post by jimfred »

Is this more of what your looking for Jim?
Yes. 1 hour is ample time - I'd be happy with 5 to 10 minutes. $80 is a good price - we'd recoup that on the first service call.

I'll PM you to make arrangements.
Anybody else?
Hey - I'm first in the queue!

Return to “fit-PC3 faults and troubleshooting”