Performance as Milestone VMS server

Find Intense PC news at https://plus.google.com/+Fitpc-by-compulab/
Drewrol18

Performance as Milestone VMS server

Post by Drewrol18 »

Looking at possibly using this as a surveillance server for a small IP camera installation (4 to 5 1mp cams). Running the Milestone VMS suite. I have a couple of questions:

Does the second port support iscsi connections?
What exactly is the watchdog functionality? Do i need to have a host server to receive alerts?
Does anyone have insight or experience using these as recording servers?
This server would maintain a fairly high load and be in a warm environment (up to 110F), would this computer hold up?
I would be using the barebone kit, is there a list of supported hard drives and memory?

Thank you for any help!

irads

Re: Performance as Milestone VMS server

Post by irads »

Does the second port support iscsi connections?
No.
What exactly is the watchdog functionality? Do i need to have a host server to receive alerts?
Watchdog is an optional reset mechanism in case operating system hangs.
Does anyone have insight or experience using these as recording servers?
CompuLab will have a major announcement soon. Currently there are large surveillance customers using these computers.
This server would maintain a fairly high load and be in a warm environment (up to 110F), would this computer hold up?
Yes! You may consider connecting the hard disk externally (eSATA or USB3) for the following reason: SSD copes with temperature better, but is less suitable for continuous recording. So have the OS on internal SSD and do the recording on external HDD.
I would be using the barebone kit, is there a list of supported hard drives and memory?
It is very unusual for memory or hard disk to be incompatible with Intense PC. We did not blacklist any part.

Return to “General Intense PC questions”