Black border around screen in Windows 7 Pro

DVI, HDMI (or lack of), VGA (or lack of), supported displays
jimble9

Black border around screen in Windows 7 Pro

Post by jimble9 »

I have a fit-PC3 Pro 4GB with an ssd with windows 7 pro. When I connect it to a LG Flatron E2290 led monitor via hdmi it shows up fine except there is a one inch black border around the edges of the screen image. The image also feels like its a bit squashed vertically.

gabrielh
Site Admin

Re: Black border around screen in Windows 7 Pro

Post by gabrielh »

It seems like a resolution setting issue. Please try to adjust the screen resolution to fit your screen.
Gabriel Heifets

Fit-PC2/3/IntensePC support.

jimble9

Post by jimble9 »

It seems to me from googling this question that it's fixed most oftenly by adjusting the overscan-underscan slider in something called ATI Catalyst Control Center. I downloaded an auto-check-and-install-program from AMD but it installed something called AMD Vision Engine Control Center instead with no options for controlling the overscan-underscan.

jimble9

Post by jimble9 »

Oh and all the screen resolutions have a black border around the desktop. I have downloaded a driver for the LG monitor but it goes back to being a generic plug and play screen when I try to update it.

gabrielh
Site Admin

Post by gabrielh »

Please download the appropriate video driver from http://www.fit-pc2.com/download/fit-PC3/Win7/drivers/ and install it. Then use the Catalyst Control Center to adjust the underscan
Gabriel Heifets

jimble9

Post by jimble9 »

I have now installed fit-PC3_Win7_Video_2012.01.12.zip/Bin64/setup.exe. It installs something from AMD again (I don't know what) but there is still no sight of anything called a Catalyst Control Center. Has AMD replaced it with something called AMD Vision Engine Control Center?

gabrielh
Site Admin

Post by gabrielh »

Yes, you are right. The name is AMD Vision Engine Control Center
Gabriel Heifets

jimble9

Post by jimble9 »

Still no luck on this one. I will try to post it in a general Windows forum.

jimble9

Post by jimble9 »

Update: It seems AMD is underscanning displays that only have an HDMI input by default.
A solution is proposed a bit over midway through the following thread:
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/359 ... tart-issue

Problem is that I have about 8 like these starting with numbers ####### in my registry, so I don't know which one to modify.

gabrielh
Site Admin

Post by gabrielh »

Have you tried the razer_76's solution? We can't reproduce this issue with on our side with our monitors, so I can't confirm the efficiency of the solution. I would suggest you to start with the suggested video #####, and proceed with others if the suggested one haven't solved the issue
Gabriel Heifets

Return to “Display interface”