View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:44 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 hd0 error on bootup 

Post hd0 error on bootup
Hello all. I am using a fit-pc3 with the fit-vga converter as a display output. However, when I try to boot the machine I receive the following three error messages:

error: hd0 out of disk
error: no suitable video mode found
error: no video mode activated

It then goes to an Ubuntu 12.04 loading screen before blacking out. The monitor blinks once and then displays "No signal."

I quite literally have just opened the box and plugged it all in - no messing around with anything.

Also, when I turn on the machine, I can see a red LED light activated in the opening on the side adjacent to the power input like in this thread (viewtopic.php?f=81&t=2707)

Edit: I can drop into a ramdisk (read-only file-system) root shell by booting Ubuntu in recovery mode but regular graphical boot is completely borked.

furthermore, when I try to boot into failsafex mode from the recovery menu, X returns the error that screens were detected but improperly configured, and then spits out Error: no screens detected and then dumps me back to the recovery menu. since the root shell is read-only, I can't make any changes to an xorg.conf file

Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:01 pm
Site Admin

Post Re: hd0 error on bootup
Please try to load a live Linux Mint 12

Fit-PC2/3/IntensePC support.

Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:40 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]