No sound in Windows 7 Pro

Audio codec and audio ports
adrianwedd

Re: No sound in Windows 7 Pro

Post by adrianwedd »

thanks gabrielh.

i have (had already) downloaded and installed all the drivers - everything else works fine.
nosound1.jpg
nosound1.jpg (35.53 KiB) Viewed 12058 times
nosound2.jpg
nosound2.jpg (38.68 KiB) Viewed 12058 times
I've been using a USB soundcard since i gave up on trying to get anything out of the fit-pc3, so i know my speakers work just fine.

cheers,

A.

gabrielh
Site Admin

Post by gabrielh »

To see if this a hardware problem, can you please run a live version of Ubuntu or Linux Mint and try to get analog audio output?

PS. Are all of the Fit-PC3 Windows 7 drivers from the Compulab's website were installed. If you use drivers downloaded from other sources then Compulab, please purge them and install the Compulab's ones
Gabriel Heifets

Fit-PC2/3/IntensePC support.

jimble9

Post by jimble9 »

I found a fix for this!

Suspecting that the only available audio device "Realtek Digital Output" only outputs data and not soundwaves I googled "Realtek Digital Output no sound windows 7" and found a lot of forum posts from people who had problems with Realtek audio cards and their drivers. Turns out there is something called "front panel jack detection" that has to be deactivated in the Realtek HD Audio manager for analog output to be activated. The Connector Settings is located in the upper left corner of The Realtek HD Audio manager which is located among the hidden system tray icons as an orange speaker icon.

The solution was here:
http://www.rm.com/Support/TechnicalArti ... =TEC949416

Finally!

-Joakim

jimble9

Post by jimble9 »

Not so fast :(
On booting my computer today the sound is gone. Level meters are jumping up and down to show that Spotify is playing sound but I hear nothing again. I have tried all possible configurations of checking and unchecking boxes in the Realtek HD Audio Manager.

Oh well...

-Joakim

gabrielh
Site Admin

Post by gabrielh »

Please run regedit.exe with an Administrator privileges, and look for a ForceDisableJD string. Change the value of it to a 01
Gabriel Heifets

jimble9

Post by jimble9 »

Ops! Looks like this thread has been hijacked by someone. Just wanted to say that I have sound now. I dont know why but it works so I guess the solution I posted earlier in this thread fixed it although I cant say fore sure.

gabrielh
Site Admin

Post by gabrielh »

Great to hear you got the sound back.
Gabriel Heifets

Return to “Audio”