Soundcard USB issues..

Audio codec and audio ports
Jcbbuk

Soundcard USB issues..

Post by Jcbbuk »

I have bought 3 fit pcs over the last year, one fit2i and two fitpc3 pro. Also had two rma's (one with fitpc2 and one with fitpc3).

My application needs to use the onboard audio (for a headset), nothing fancy needed with regards to quality.
I also need another sound source so a USB is the only option, again sound quality does not need to great, basic voice.

I have used creative x-fi in the past and they are terrible, add to mix 64bit processor, win7pro and a ssd and you have a whole lot of hassle with lost/ intermittent audio. Check creative and win7 forums if you have the time.

I have had some success with some cheapys from eBay, but they too are failing with my fitpc3.

It appears to be related to the USB discovery, if I unplug and replug all is well for a while/next reboot.

So I need another USB sound card option which reliably actually works.

Does fitpc officially recommend a USB sound card or anyone else for that matter.

Help...

gabrielh
Site Admin

Re: Soundcard USB issues..

Post by gabrielh »

Good day.

Please take my apologizes about your RMA cases. We are continuously evolving our QA steps to deliver our customers the best experience from our products.

The problems you are referring to some of USB sound cards maybe related to a lack of an USB power reset. FitPC3 keeps the USB power on even in power off state, so, on the OS reboot cycle, your soundcard doesn't reset.

I am sorry, but we doesn't have an experience with an external USB cards.
Gabriel Heifets

Fit-PC2/3/IntensePC support.

sesterce

Post by sesterce »

I am just curious.

Why would you keep USB power on in the off state on a device designed to be as frugal on power as the fit-PC3? It sounds contradictory to me.

Regards,
Jean

gabrielh
Site Admin

Post by gabrielh »

This is for mouse/keyboard or other devices that can wake-up the Fit-PC3 from Sleep or Hibernate state
Gabriel Heifets

Jcbbuk

Post by Jcbbuk »

gabrielh wrote:Good day.

Please take my apologizes about your RMA cases. We are continuously evolving our QA steps to deliver our customers the best experience from our products.

The problems you are referring to some of USB sound cards maybe related to a lack of an USB power reset. FitPC3 keeps the USB power on even in power off state, so, on the OS reboot cycle, your soundcard doesn't reset.

I am sorry, but we doesn't have an experience with an external USB cards.
I posted a response on the USB section, same reared issue maybe.
Just unlucky I suppose, the rma was handled very well and speedily (a good reason to use fitpc uk).
There is more to this issue as USB soundcard issues is huge especially if you use creative labs products.
I just want a USB soundcard to work reliably, my first one does and it has a cheapy USB soundcard and it works very well, the second one I have is identical (same ports, same settings.., everything) but it is inoperable after a power down. Even tried a creative xfi unit, works initially but then failed so it not creative xfi related, unless the cheapy card is the same chip set (unlikely although not impossible). :(

gabrielh
Site Admin

Post by gabrielh »

Thank you for your positive feedback regarding the RMA process. We are working hard to give each valued customer a personal attention and quick response.

Let me suggest you to try to use an USB 3 port. This port remain loses his power supply during the system shutdown, so if this issue related to the power cycle, the SC should work correctly on an USB3 port
Gabriel Heifets

Return to “Audio”