Correct Windows 7 Drivers

esso

Correct Windows 7 Drivers

Post by esso »

I'm setting up my i7 intense pc pro and when I went to http://www.fit-pc2.com/download/Intense ... 7/drivers/ to download windows 7 drivers. The website seem to have 3 network related, 2 USB and 2 WiFi/BT driver sets for different chipsets:

Network:
Intense-PC_Win7_Ethernet_Realtek_2012.06.05.zip
Intense-PC_Win7_Ethernet_Intel_2012.06.05.zip
fm-Lan_Win7_Ethernet_2012.06.05.zip

USB:
Intense-PC_Win7_USB3_Intel_2012.06.05.zip
Intense-PC_Win7_USB3_TI_2012.06.05.zip

Wifi/BT:
Intense-PC_Win7_WiFi+BT_Azurwave_2012.06.05.zip
Intense-PC_Win7_WiFi+BT_QCOM_2012.06.05.zip

Using hardware detection tools (like hwinfo and lspci) I found it difficult to determine which chipsets apply to my version of the hardware. It is also not specified in user manual or other docs from fit-pc.com.

Can you please help how to determine the right drivers (intense pc pro i7-3517UE 1.7)? Do all drivers need to be installed?

Thanks!

gabrielh
Site Admin

Re: Correct Windows 7 Drivers

Post by gabrielh »

LAN
Intense PC has a two different Ethernet ports/controllers. You should install them both: the Realtek and the Intel drivers.
The fm driver is for the lan face module. If you don't have a one, you shouldn't install the driver.

USB3
Intense PC has populated a TI USB3 controller. To make use of the USB3 ports, you should install the TI's driver.
In additional, Intel's chipset provides unpopulated USB3 controller. To avoid the unknown hardware list in the Windows device manager, you can install the Intel's USB3 controller driver.

WiFi
To check which WiFi module installed in your Intense PC, you should check the WiFi modules PID/VID from the Windows device manager. We will post the complete, user friendly, driver guide in the forum
Gabriel Heifets

Fit-PC2/3/IntensePC support.

carchibald

Post by carchibald »

So I can't find the driver guide posted, how do we identify which Wifi driver to install.

I'm setting up my new Intense PC Pro with an RTL8723A based wifi unit.

Will.Rubin

Post by Will.Rubin »

carchibald wrote:... how do we identify which Wifi driver to install. I'm setting up my new Intense PC Pro with an RTL8723A based wifi unit.
It looks like the 8723* drivers are in the BT_QCOM file.
(And the BT_Azurwave file is for the 8187* wireless.)

I see this by looking at the *.ini files in each package.

I'm setting up my Intense PC Pro machine too and had the same questions. :?

gabrielh
Site Admin

Post by gabrielh »

You should check the controllers PID/VID number
Gabriel Heifets

Fit-PC2/3/IntensePC support.

Return to “Windows on Intense PC”