Unable to load Ubuntu

StephenM

Unable to load Ubuntu

Post by StephenM »

I have a Fit-PC3 MintBox Pro that I bought eight months ago. I've been frustrated with Mint (that would be for another thread) and tried to load Ubuntu 13.04 onto it. I created a USB drive in the normal manner, and then used that to install Ubuntu onto a friend's laptop. That USB install worked just fine, so there is no problem with the USB.

When I try to use that same USB drive to install it onto my Fit-PC3, I get the blank purple screen that looks like Ubuntu is starting to install, and then it goes to a black screen with a screen full of text. It ends with a blank line and nothing I do will move it from that point. Since I successfully used that same USB drive just minutes before, it tells me that the problem is with the hardware or BIOS settings on the Fit-PC.

Are there recommended BIOS changes? I had to change the boot priorities to get it to recognize the USB drive, but I'm wondering if maybe there is something else that I missed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

bergholt

Re: Unable to load Ubuntu

Post by bergholt »

Depending on the configuration of your USB-stick your friends laptop might have left some configuration files on the stick. I would try a fresh built installation.

Kubuntu 13.04 worked out of the box on my IntencePC.

StephenM

Re: Unable to load Ubuntu

Post by StephenM »

Bergholt, THANK YOU!

I hadn't considered that possibility. I created a new install drive and it worked perfectly. Again, thank you!

Return to “Linux on Intense PC”