No video signal when using HDMI

71m1

No video signal when using HDMI

Post by 71m1 »

Hi,

my Intense PC Pro worked fine until a couple of days ago when video output suddenly stopped working. The unit is fully working otherwise but the monitor says "No Signal". I have tried using different displays and cables, but HDMI output isn't working anymore. I have also tried resetting BIOS.

Strangely, there appears to be no problem at all when using the HDMI to DVI adapter.

Any ideas, or do I need to return it?

gabrielh
Site Admin

Re: No video signal when using HDMI

Post by gabrielh »

Good Day

1. I just want to make one thing clear:
When you try to use a HDMI connection on your monitor, then you don't have any signal, but if you use the HDMI to DVI adapter with a DVI monitor, then the video output displayed correctly.
Am I right?

2. Please try to get a BIOS menu with the issued connection, and some live OS, like Ubuntu or Linux Mint. Live OS will give us an indication if there is a HW or SW problem
Gabriel Heifets

Fit-PC2/3/IntensePC support.

71m1

Post by 71m1 »

Hi,
gabrielh wrote: When you try to use a HDMI connection on your monitor, then you don't have any signal, but if you use the HDMI to DVI adapter with a DVI monitor, then the video output displayed correctly.
Am I right?
Yes.
gabrielh wrote:2. Please try to get a BIOS menu with the issued connection, and some live OS, like Ubuntu or Linux Mint. Live OS will give us an indication if there is a HW or SW problem
When using the DVI adapter I can get a BIOS menu and use a live OS without any problems.

gabrielh
Site Admin

Post by gabrielh »

If you can use a live OS with an HSMI connection, then you have some software issues with your current main OS. Please try to reinstall the video drivers.

BTW what is your OS we are talking about?

Thanks
Gabriel Heifets

Fit-PC2/3/IntensePC support.

Return to “Intense PC faults and troubleshooting”