Intense PC locks up ... possible SATA connector issue?

Will.Rubin

Re: Intense PC locks up ... possible SATA connector issue?

Post by Will.Rubin »

Still waiting for an RMA to be issued. I'm not sure why an RMA should take more than a day or so, but apparently it's a multi-week process involving lots of people just to get things started...?! So while I'm waiting for return authorization I've played around with the machine a bit more and am placing this note here because I referenced this thread when I emailed rma@fit-pc.com.

I've found an very reliable way to reproduce the problem I'm having. I have the Intense PC mounted on a VESA adapter on a movable Ergotron setup (rolling poll with swing arms for the monitor and keyboard). If I roll the setup from one work area to another and roll over any significant bump (like a power cord) then within a minute the PC will lock up and/or reboot. I've checked all the external connections and found they are not a problem in that wiggling them does not cause any issues. So this brings me back to some sort of mechanical issue inside the case that causes the other seemingly random errors I'm seeing.

Will.Rubin

Re: Intense PC locks up ... possible SATA connector issue?

Post by Will.Rubin »

Quick follow-up in case anyone reads. I received a replacement unit a couple weeks ago and it has been running perfectly with the same memory, HD, AHCI, etc. All is well.

Return to “Intense PC faults and troubleshooting”