Buzzing noises from Intense-PC Pro - has anyone solved this?

melja

Buzzing noises from Intense-PC Pro - has anyone solved this?

Post by melja »

I am hearing fairly loud and intermittent buzzing noises from my Intense-PC Pro. I have tried it with various mSata and 2.5" SSDs and the noise is clearly audible with all of them. It is not the power adapter or the SSDs themselves. It is more obvious under idle than under load.
I see that a few other people have reported apparently similar noises coming from computers, but other than one report of BIOS changes affecting the Fit-PC, I see no obvious solution for the Intense-PC. Setting the CPU to full-blast all the time is not really an attractive option.
Has anyone fixed this? Is there a secret combination of BIOS settings that reduce the noise? Please let me know if you've made progress on this issue.
Thanks,

John

irads

Re: Buzzing noises from Intense-PC Pro - has anyone solved t

Post by irads »

Your observation is in agreement with normal behavior of Intense PC where the source of the sound is in the on-board switching power circuit. Intense PC is still considered very quiet by most users, but when installed in a silent environment some users find the specific pitch and intermittency of the sound disturbing.
There is an extensive discussion about the subject at http://www.fit-pc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=81&t=2607

Return to “Intense PC faults and troubleshooting”