every half an hour

afelt

Re: every half an hour

Post by afelt »

I see that you bring the same answer to many threads: follow the troubleshooting instructions. Very helpful thanks.

So I did it. The troubleshooting did not solve anything.
The pc powers off after 30 mins of watching videos ( you tube or DVD using VLC or WMP indifferently) . It does not reboot, it just stay down.
I will not be able to install win7 as I bought a WIN8 Pro license for this PC. I installed all the drivers from compulab. Somehow I also think this could be an OS issue, as the machine ran fine for years but there is absolutely nothing in the logs to confirm that. The only log is power on after power loss kind of log.
I am running out of ideas and your answers are not very helpful. This is my third Compulab machine, and I loved it, but if it stops functioning after a few years, what's the point!

afelt

Post by afelt »

I see that you bring the same answer to many threads: follow the troubleshooting instructions. Very helpful thanks.

So I did it. The troubleshooting did not solve anything.
The pc powers off after 30 mins of watching videos ( you tube or DVD using VLC or WMP indifferently) . It does not reboot, it just stay down.
I will not be able to install win7 as I bought a WIN8 Pro license for this PC. I installed all the drivers from compulab. Somehow I also think this could be an OS issue, as the machine ran fine for years but there is absolutely nothing in the logs to confirm that. The only log is power on after power loss kind of log.
I am running out of ideas and your answers are not very helpful. This is my third Compulab machine, and I loved it, but if it stops functioning after a few years, what's the point!

mbirger

Post by mbirger »

Are you using the latest BIOS for Intense PC?
In case you're with the latest BIOS and you PC constantly reboot itself follow an RMA:
http://www.fit-pc.com/web/support/rma/

mbirger

Post by mbirger »

One more thing -
Please enter the PC into BIOS menu and keep it there for several hours (without touching). If the computer will restart please open RMA.

darwin

Post by darwin »

I am experiencing the same shutdown exactly around 30 minutes based on wall clock. I timed 3x exactly 30 min each. Definitely not temperature cause. This is running on bios menu, memcheck, or just in login menu. This seems to happen after upgrading my stock firmware in intense pc i7 barebones bought in 2012 around. I could not find any stock firmware anymore. I downgraded from the latest firmware down to 3 versions lower and it still always shutdown. Where I can get the oldest stock firmware? I already contacted rma. I upgraded the firmware recently due to Ethernet cards not detected occasionally during reboot after os software updates in every 2 months. This is an inconvenience as most of the times I managed it remotely and requires me to visit the pc to manually reboot again just to enable network. Thanks for help in advance.

mbirger

Post by mbirger »

When you say that you have downgraded from the latest firmware down to 3 versions lower, what exact BIOS version is running on the PC. Well, it is already very old release then.
Anyway, in your case please follow RMA instructions.

afelt

Post by afelt »

I had some time to spend, so I looked again into this 30 min Shutdown nightmare.
Reflashed latest bios, Watchdog is off.
Shutdown after 30min, repeatable at will even when in BIOS interface.

Any other BIOS config. I could check?

RMA? Is it worth it? The device is off guarantee.

mbirger

Post by mbirger »

The PC should not shutdown every 30 minutes. Yes, please consider RMA:
http://www.fit-pc.com/web/support/rma/

Return to “Intense PC faults and troubleshooting”