Analogue and digital audio at the same time?

csimon

Analogue and digital audio at the same time?

Post by csimon »

I understand that there is just one audio socket on the Intense PC with adaptors for supplying analogue and digital audio. Do the adaptors allow both audio and digital at the same time and can the PC provide 5.1 SPDIF on digital while downmixing to stereo on analogue?

Also, how does the input/output function work with just one socket? Do you have to reassign the functions of the socket in the audio driver to move it from output to input?

gabrielh
Site Admin

Re: Analogue and digital audio at the same time?

Post by gabrielh »

Intense PC has a two audio sockets. One for audio in, and one for audio out. The audio out socket can produce only one audio out signal type at a time: analog or digital. You can't have them both. If you want a mixed audio out signals, you can add one of the USB sound cards to IntensePC workstation.
Gabriel Heifets

Fit-PC2/3/IntensePC support.

csimon

Post by csimon »

OK, thank you!

beemerphile

Post by beemerphile »

Since the 3.5mm jack is labeled SPDIF, is it safe to assume that the default setting is digital? If not, how does one change the function to SPDIF? I intend to use the output with an external DAC.

mbirger

Post by mbirger »

I've answered it here:
http://www.fit-pc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=83&t=4878

Anyway, SPDIF is also available with SPDIF capable equipment. Under Windows audio settings you should be able to select the interface to your audio equipment.

Return to “Audio”