fit-PC3 Pro Win7Pro dual monitor usage question

Find fit-PC3 news at https://plus.google.com/+Fitpc-by-compulab/
NHpc2

fit-PC3 Pro Win7Pro dual monitor usage question

Post by NHpc2 »

I have a fit-PC3 Pro Win7Pro that I just got this past week. So far, I'm very happy. Up until today, I've been using a single LCD display connected via HDMI. Today I received a DisplayPort-to-HDMI cable so that I could have dual monitors. The AMD Vision Engine Control Center and the Windows Control Panel both "see" the 2nd LCD and identify it correctly but I'm not getting any signal on the LCD. Is there a problem with my fit-PC3? Is this a limitation of the fit-PC3? Something else?

gabrielh
Site Admin

Re: fit-PC3 Pro Win7Pro dual monitor usage question

Post by gabrielh »

Can you please check your cable-monitor setup with other then FitPC3 display port device?
Gabriel Heifets

Fit-PC2/3/IntensePC support.

NHpc2

Post by NHpc2 »

gabrielh wrote:Can you please check your cable-monitor setup with other then FitPC3 display port device?
The FitPC3 is the only display port source that I have. Also, I have no LCDs that support display port directly. The one test I can do is connect to a different LCD which I know the HDMI is working because it's the primary display on my FitPC3. I'll do this test this evening and then report back.

Is there a recommended Display Port/HDMI adapter? The following is the cable I'm using:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001TUZ6EU

NHpc2

Post by NHpc2 »

gabrielh wrote:Can you please check your cable-monitor setup with other then FitPC3 display port device?
I verified that each LCD will display just fine when connected directly to the HDMI interface. One LCD is correctly detected by the AMD Vision Engine Control Center but no video is displayed (LCD says no signal) when connected to the DisplayPort via DisplayPort-HDMI adapter cable. One LCD is not detected when connected to the DisplayPort via DisplayPort-HDMI adapter cable. Both LCDs are a Dell ST2210.

I will have a different DisplayPort-HDMI adapter later today and will re-test and post results.

NHpc2

Post by NHpc2 »

I tried again today using a different adapter. This one is just an adapter that plugs into the DisplayPort and has an HDMI female connector. Using an HDMI cable connecting this to the LCD had the same non-result. Interestingly, the PC "sees" the LCD and identifies it correctly. The LCD "sees" the PC and knows it's there, but the LCD continues to say "no signal". If I unplug the cable, the PC sees the LCD go away, and the LCD sees the PC go away.

Just for grins, I tried connecting an HDMI/DVI-D adapter to the DisplayPort/HDMI adapter. Again, the PC saw the LCD and identified it correctly and the LCD saw the PC, but again reports "no video".

I'm at a loss at this point as to what to try next. Other than not having a second display, the PC is working just great.

gabrielh
Site Admin

Post by gabrielh »

Gabriel Heifets

NHpc2

Post by NHpc2 »

I will get one of these and let you know the result.

gabrielh
Site Admin

Post by gabrielh »

Thanks
Gabriel Heifets

NHpc2

Post by NHpc2 »

gabrielh wrote:Thanks
The cable arrived today and worked perfectly. It's *so* nice to have my second display available to use again!!

gabrielh
Site Admin

Post by gabrielh »

I am glad to hear that. We hope you'll enjoy your FitPC3
Gabriel Heifets

Return to “General fit-PC3 questions”