No sound in Windows 7 Pro

Audio codec and audio ports
jimble9

No sound in Windows 7 Pro

Post by jimble9 »

I just received my fit-PC3 Pro 4GB with no hd. After installing an ssd with windows 7 pro everything works except there is no sound coming from the rca/spdif audio output even though the little tray icon shows that sound is playing when I click it. There is also no hdmi-audio and the hdmi audio device is not selectable and says "not connected" although hdmi cable is connected.

gabrielh
Site Admin

Re: No sound in Windows 7 Pro

Post by gabrielh »

Have you installed the audio drivers downloaded from here http://www.fit-pc2.com/download/fit-PC3 ... ivers/%20?
Gabriel Heifets

Fit-PC2/3/IntensePC support.

jimble9

Post by jimble9 »

I didn't know I was supposed to install any drivers. It doesn't say in the owner's manual. Maybe because it's optional? I am a newbie and will need some help with installing the drivers. I have downloaded all the zipfiles. What do I need to install and how do I do that?

gabrielh
Site Admin

Post by gabrielh »

Basically, you have to unzip each driver to a different folder and to run the setup.exe file from the extracted driver folder in order to install the driver. Please follow the on screen instruction. Most of the cases you should pick the default option by clicking next and to agree to the licenses by ticking the check box.
Gabriel Heifets

jimble9

Post by jimble9 »

I have now installed the audiodrivers and the audio device is now called Realtek Digital Output. Still no sound. Funny thing is, when I first booted up I installed Firefox and after the browser was installed it took me to a website with a Firefox promotion video. The video had audio but it disappeared later when I moved my headphones to the rca audio output of my hdmi-connected monitor to try if that had any sound. I couldn't switch to the hdmi audio device either.

gabrielh
Site Admin

Post by gabrielh »

Please attach to the post the sound properties, playback tab print screen
Gabriel Heifets

jimble9

Post by jimble9 »

When I insert the headphones into the right fit-pc3 audio input there is first some soft white noise in both channels, then a little louder still in both channels, then a little softer again only in the left channel.

Attached to this post is a screenshot of my pc audio device control panel playing Spotify with no sound.
Attachments
Screenshot.png
Screenshot.png (136.94 KiB) Viewed 12999 times

gabrielh
Site Admin

Post by gabrielh »

As I see from the picture, you have no analog output device attached to the FitPC3. When you attach the speakers to the audio out, do you see any popups from the system tray?
Gabriel Heifets

adrianwedd

Post by adrianwedd »

i have the same issue. drivers downloaded and installed, no sound comes out.

it's driving me nuts, i've been working with computer audio for almost 30 years and don't know why the fitpc3 is doing this to me.
sound settings
sound settings
Sound_2012-09-11_12-35-49.jpg (32.15 KiB) Viewed 12951 times
even when i connect speakers, headphones, etc to the output, it always says 'Not plugged in' and i get no notification of having plugged (or unplugged) anything.

a solution would be greatly appreciated

gabrielh
Site Admin

Post by gabrielh »

Hi

1. Please check if you have installed all the drivers (not only an audio) from the Compulab website
2. Please plug the speakers to the FitPC3 and attach to the post a screenshot of the Playback tab and the Recording tab
Gabriel Heifets

Return to “Audio”