Fitpc3 pro and Linux Mint 13

jim lurk

Fitpc3 pro and Linux Mint 13

Post by jim lurk »

FitPC3 pro

Postby Jim Lurk on Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:44 pm
Hello folks

Just acquired one of these and it is a very nice piece of kit..came with Linux Mint 13 installed.

Problems are:

1. Have installed the restricted driver which says it is working but only get 60 fps in glxgears and no acceleration in games (Bastion). Message appears after login but before desktop "Could not apply stored..required virtual size does not fit available size. requested (3840,1080) minimum (320,200) maximum (1920,1920)"
2. Recognises my printer and will print Ubuntu test page but nothing else. Connection-to-printer error.
3. Locks up on shut down,,only message received was "watchddog reports lockup on cpu1". Power button at the back must be pressed to shut down

I attach the output of glxinfo and the output of sysinfo

Have tried on the Mint forum but was redirected here

Hope someone can help as this is a great machine; but is useless at the moment.
If I need to re-install what is the best method?

yours

Jim Lurk

gabrielh
Site Admin

Re: Fitpc3 pro and Linux Mint 13

Post by gabrielh »

Hello Jim

Great to hear you love FitPC3. I see you have a number unusual problems with the Mint installation. To eliminate any configuration issues please install the Linux Mint following this guide http://www.fit-pc.com/wiki/index.php/Fi ... ux_Mint_13
After completing the installation process please try again glxgears and the shutdown operation
Gabriel Heifets

Fit-PC2/3/IntensePC support.

jim lurk

Post by jim lurk »

gabrielh wrote:Hello Jim

Great to hear you love FitPC3. I see you have a number unusual problems with the Mint installation. To eliminate any configuration issues please install the Linux Mint following this guide http://www.fit-pc.com/wiki/index.php/Fi ... ux_Mint_13
After completing the installation process please try again glxgears and the shutdown operation
Thanks gabrielh...re-install solved lockup, printer problems, and glxgears now gives 1000fps.

Bastion however still gives huge blocky graphics..I will try the developers; but no-one else seems to have a problem. Downloaded from the Humble Bundle and installed with a deb.

yours

Jim

gabrielh
Site Admin

Post by gabrielh »

Hi Jim

Great to hear that most of the problems are solved. FitPC3 was validated for full compatibility with the man Linux Mint release, so most of the issues are solved by removing incompatible configuration settings.

Unfortunately, we don't have experience with the Bastion to assist you... Maybe other user will share their experience.
Gabriel Heifets

Fit-PC2/3/IntensePC support.

Return to “Linux on fit-PC3”