I need to boot Fit-PC2 automatically When Power is resumed..

bong

I need to boot Fit-PC2 automatically When Power is resumed..

Post by bong »

Purchased Model Information

S/N : 090706-259
Purchasing Date : Jul.15th,2011
From Korea reseller

Reseller said to me this Model does not support Pc booting Automatically.
I will use FitPC2 as controller on auto Machne.
When It does not boot automatically,
Worker has to disassembel all controller Box to PC swich 'ON'

Is there any solution to solve this problem !
May I get your board Manual ( to do check AT or ATX jumping )

Help me!!!

irads

Re: I need to boot Fit-PC2 automatically When Power is resum

Post by irads »

You have a model that is two years old (fit-PC2 rev 1.21) and does not support auto-on.
Unfortunately there is no AT / ATX jumping.
The best thing you can do is replace the power button with two wires that you bring out of the controller box to an external switch.

If you buy a new fit-PC2 auto-on works out-of-the-box.

bong

Post by bong »

Thank you for your information on wiring power switch.
I well done it.

Thanks

katama

Post by katama »

Hi,

I have the same question - I have a Fit-PC2i (model #: d2g-c2000 H-W-X7, S/N: 110324-028) and I also want to enable auto-on when dc-power is applied. I see no such option in the BIOS (this FitPC was just recently purchased). If it's not supported in this model, which model(s) do support it. I am running the latest BIOS according to your website (9/14/2010).

Thanks!

irads

Post by irads »

All fit-PC2 should boot automatically when power is applied. There is no BIOS setting involved.

sleg

Post by sleg »

Hi,
I have the same issue since my fitpc2 is in version 1.21. I would like just to have precision on wiring power switch. Does it mean that I just need to connect the 2 pins of the current power switch to force my pc to boot when power is resumed ? I wouldn't like to dammage my PC :(
I'm using the fit pc for home automation, then the "auto on" behaviour becomes more and more crutial for me ..

Thanks for your help

gabrielh
Site Admin

Post by gabrielh »

Please don't shortcut the power button pins. This will lead to unpredictable behavior, which in a most cases will lock your FitPC2 in the power off state. The auto on feature is implemented with a dedicated circuit.

For an experiment, you can lock the power button with your finger and simulate a power power cycle. This will give you a clue about the FitPC2 behavior with a power buttons pins shortcutted.
Gabriel Heifets

Fit-PC2/3/IntensePC support.

sleg

Post by sleg »

indeed when you force the power button, the pc shutdown just after the switch on. So my question is about the last answer of thos thread. What does it means "The best thing you can do is replace the power button with two wires that you bring out of the controller box to an external switch" ? Is it possible to have a schema to help me to understand ? Thanks

gabrielh
Site Admin

Post by gabrielh »

This solution is good if you want to get access to the power button, when the FitPC2 is placed in a hard access to environment, so you can mechanically push the power button to power on the FitPC2
Gabriel Heifets

Fit-PC2/3/IntensePC support.

sleg

Post by sleg »

Thanks gabrielh .. But with this external switch, can we simulate the auto on functionality ? Or are we saying that this solution should not be in an "auto-on" thread ?

Return to “Auto-ON”