fitpc3 video performance

Find fit-PC3 news at https://plus.google.com/+Fitpc-by-compulab/
tobybox

fitpc3 video performance

Post by tobybox »

hi, just got my new fitpc 3 pro with win 7 ordered from uk. All going really well until I tried to play youtube at fullscreen. my res is 1920 x 1080 and it is lagging.

I have installed the latest radeon drivers - was that a mistake ? it hasnt made any difference.

Any ideas? It lags every 3-4 seconds.

Rgds

Toby

tobybox

Re: fitpc3 video performance

Post by tobybox »

more info - it seems to lag at any screen resolution above 1600x900.

My monitor recommended res is 1920x1080 its an HP2210i.

Any ideas? Please help me !

gabrielh
Site Admin

Post by gabrielh »

Please uninstall any video drivers installed, and install only the drivers available from the Compulab's website.

http://www.fit-pc2.com/download/fit-PC3/Win7/drivers/
Gabriel Heifets

Fit-PC2/3/IntensePC support.

codenoes

Post by codenoes »

I just bought a pc3 and I have bad lag issues playing itunes videos.

I am using the windows7 that came with it out of the box with the fitpc drivers.

Very hard and choppy to watch videos. I am at recommended resolution of 1280 x 720.

Not sure what to do...the video control panel is confusion. Not clear way to adjust screen color level or anything that i can see....

What can I do?

gabrielh
Site Admin

Post by gabrielh »

We haven't encounter this problem before, and it is a little bit hard to understand what exactly is wrong. Can you please record a short video displaying the problem and upload it on the web? Youtube's service will be fine
Gabriel Heifets

codenoes

Post by codenoes »

The issue is with iTunes, so I can't send you any of those files or play them on youtube.

YouTube videos play ok for me.

It is downloaded iTunes videos that do not.

Have you tested iTunes video performance explicitly on this machine?

It seems as id the machine is struggling. You can see frame rate is somewhat reduced in playback for any itunes vid, and sometimes at a coulple points during playback over an hour, the video frames will freeze for a few moments, then jump forward very quickly as if catching up.

I have looked at all the settings of iTunes, but am unable to change anything meaningful.

I further notice that CPU performance goes to 100% when playing video. Not sure that should be the case.

G

gabrielh
Site Admin

Post by gabrielh »

We haven't tested the iTunes video. I will test it and provide you with results. Please note that we are during our Holiday season, what will cause some delay with an answer.
Gabriel Heifets

gabrielh
Site Admin

Post by gabrielh »

Several video files with a different resolution were tested on iTunes. All the files were played smooth without a frame dropping. If you can record a short video of a problematic file and post it on some hosting service, it will help as to analyze the issue.
Gabriel Heifets

briandoj

Post by briandoj »

Just recently purchased a FitPC3 Pro with Win 7 from Amazon. When using the FitPC3 and visiting some web sites (vevo.com, Amazon.com) to play video streams at 1080p the video performance gets choppy.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Brian

gabrielh
Site Admin

Post by gabrielh »

What is OS version do you use? Can you post the links to some of the video files?
Gabriel Heifets

Return to “General fit-PC3 questions”