View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:58 am

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Windows 7 UEFI install 

Post Windows 7 UEFI install
Hello,

I’m trying to install Windows 7 Professional 64 on my fit-PC3, in UEFI mode.
When using the Legacy Boot mode, the installer starts successfully from the DVD (via a USB DVD player).
But when the UEFI Boot mode, the computer restarts, a couple of seconds after starting to display the “Starting Windows” text.

I have tried to change the Windows boot options by pressing F8 at startup, but none seemed to make a difference. The “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” show the drivers which are loaded during the startup sequence, tough; the last one to be loaded just before the fit-PC3 restarts seems to be “\windows\system32\DRIVERS\ramdisk.sys”.

My BIOS version is SBC_2.1.0.333_12 X64.

Any advice?
Thanks.

Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:04 pm
Site Admin

Post Re: Windows 7 UEFI install
Do you face such issue when you try to perform a Windows 7 setup from a UFD?

Fit-PC2/3/IntensePC support.

Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:15 pm

Did you try pluging the DVD drive in another USB port? I would want to use the USB2 ports only and stay away from USB3 ports for installs.

Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:44 pm

Hi, thanks for your messages.

gabrielh wrote:
Do you face such issue when you try to perform a Windows 7 setup from a UFD?

I just tried to create a UEFI-bootable USB flash drive by following this tutorial : http://www.hodgin.ca/2012/10/02/creatin ... artitions/

Same result: The fit-PC3 reboots moments after displaying the “Starting Windows” message.

sesterce wrote:
Did you try pluging the DVD drive in another USB port? I would want to use the USB2 ports only and stay away from USB3 ports for installs.
Yes, I have tried both front and back USB2 ports.

I have also tried to connect the CD drive to a VMware virtual machine configured to use EFI boot. The installer started without problems.

Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:48 pm
Site Admin

This guide is good, thought you should format you UFD with an NTFS instead of FAT32.
Please you can also try this guide http://www.fit-pc.com/wiki/index.php/Ho ... _USB_stick

Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:05 pm

Hello again,

gabrielh wrote:
This guide is good, thought you should format you UFD with an NTFS instead of FAT32.
Please you can also try this guide http://www.fit-pc.com/wiki/index.php/Ho ... _USB_stick

I have tried this, but the resulting USB drive seems to be only bootable in Legacy mode, not in UEFI mode. Isn’t UEFI only able to boot from FAT32 formated drives ?

Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:09 pm
Site Admin

Sorry, I got you wrong.

I have successfully tried this guide http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/15458-uefi-bootable-usb-flash-drive-create-windows.html to install Windows 7 in a native UEFI mode.

Please use it on your own responsibility

Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:43 pm

Hello again,

gabrielh wrote:
I have successfully tried this guide http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/15458-uefi-bootable-usb-flash-drive-create-windows.html to install Windows 7 in a native UEFI mode.

Unfortunately, it still does not work. The system still reboots during the installation process startup, at the same point apparently…
I have tried another installation disk, and another USB key. Could this be a problem with my fit-PC3’s BIOS ?

Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:04 pm
Site Admin

It is hard to me to draw a straight line between the BIOS problem and your issue, but reflashing the BIOS wouldn't do any harm . What is the FitPC3 model do you own?

Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:44 pm

gabrielh wrote:
It is hard to me to draw a straight line between the BIOS problem and your issue, but reflashing the BIOS wouldn't do any harm .
Okay, I’ve went ahead and updated the BIOS to the latest version (SBC_2.1.0.333_13 X64). The update worked flawlessly, but the problem is still present.

gabrielh wrote:
What is the FitPC3 model do you own?
It’s the fit-PC3 Pro 4GB, P/N D2x2-T56N-WB-FM4U. Please ask me if you want more details.

Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:01 am
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next