Windows 8 fit-pc3 basic overclock feature

Find fit-PC3 news at https://plus.google.com/+Fitpc-by-compulab/
vtailor

Windows 8 fit-pc3 basic overclock feature

Post by vtailor »

Windows 8 foremerly overclocked the 1 ghz version of fit-pc3 to 1.24 ghz, without overheating it. I think the chipset had the same designation as the more recent models. I went and bought the stripped-down basic model recently, and it runs 1 ghz under new and old versions of Windows 8. So, I guess that feature no longer exists in the chipset.

Don't get me wrong, the basic at 1 ghz runs Windows 8 amazingly well.

Too bad I have the fancy version of the 1.6 ghz fit-pc3, or I'd get the new 1.6 basic version also.

If you have any of the 1.24 ghz models left, you might want to see whether the overclocking really affected "performance" at all, or whether it was the occasional Windows 8 mistake in representing operating speed.

vtailor

Re: Windows 8 fit-pc3 basic overclock feature

Post by vtailor »

The enclosed screen capture shows the results of running the Peacekeeper benchmark on Internet Explorer and Firefox on the "fit-pc3 tablet". What you don't see in the photo is the effect of using Windows 8 gpu acceleration to make things run very fast in firefox. The acceleration shows the potential of this setup, because firefox has it only working partially.
Attachments
peacekeeper.png
peacekeeper.png (305.47 KiB) Viewed 7878 times

vtailor

Re: Windows 8 fit-pc3 basic overclock feature

Post by vtailor »

Internet Explorer didn't quite make it into the picture, but it's about 350.

Return to “General fit-PC3 questions”