Core i7 Intense PC without vPro and Intel Active Management

Find Intense PC news at https://plus.google.com/+Fitpc-by-compulab/
FitFan5

Core i7 Intense PC without vPro and Intel Active Management

Post by FitFan5 »

Would it be possible to buy an Intense PC with Core i7 without vPro and Intel Active Management Technology? Also will quad core and Haswell be available soon with Intense PC? Thanks.

mbirger

Re: Core i7 Intense PC without vPro and Intel Active Managem

Post by mbirger »

vPRO and AMT are Intel Core i7-3517UE (Ivy Bridge) processor features and they are given, but you can avoid using these features if you wish.
AMT can be disabled in BIOS and is operational on LAN1 port only.

Future products announcements and PR will be available upon release, so stay tuned. CompuLab designs based on mobile processors, while quad core is a desktop versions.

FitFan5

Post by FitFan5 »

Thank you for your response. What if I want to get the Core i7 CPU without vPro and AMT built in? I just don't want to disable those features - I do not want either of them at all. Is it possible? Also, based on your response, I assume quad core mobile processors emit too much heat to put in a fanless design? Thanks in advance.

mbirger

Post by mbirger »

As said these are Intel Core i7 features and cannot be changed.
You can use non-i7 devices.
Due to TDP and power dissipation reasons Quad core is a desktop version, not mobile, thus not available in our products.

Thanks

FitFan5

Post by FitFan5 »

Could I order the Intense PC without a processor? If not, could I replace the processor with a non vPro Intel Core i7? I assume that could be done if the processor is not soldered on the motherboard.

irads

Post by irads »

The CPU in Intense PC is soldered-on.

FitFan5

Post by FitFan5 »

Does your SBC-IPC (www.compulab.co.il/products/sbcs/sbc-ipc/) have vPro? Also, does it come with a fanless case? Thanks in advance.

mbirger

Post by mbirger »

SBC-IPC is the system board used in Intense PC, thus it provides all the features supported in Intense PC, among them vPro and AMT.

SBC (single board computer) is a term for open chassis system - it comes without case at all and serves as a building block. SBC supplied with heat spreader that should be thermally coupled while integrating it to a larger system.

Return to “General Intense PC questions”