Windows 7 does not run smooth on FPC2

koenc86

Windows 7 does not run smooth on FPC2

Post by koenc86 »

Hi,

I thought I'd try a Windows 7 installation on my FitPC2 box.
Eventhough I have adjusted windows graphical settings to maximize performance and switched back to the Windows classic theme, basic operations don't feel smooth.

Does anyone else have a similar or different experience?
Or is Win7 running smooth a bit too much asked of the FPC2?

mbirger

Re: Windows 7 does not run smooth on FPC2

Post by mbirger »

When your fit-PC2 is unloaded it should support resolutions as described in specs, under Windows 7 (32-bit), but it is a low-end device and of course will slow down when loaded as a standard desktop.

tricky1

Post by tricky1 »

I've upgraded my 2GHz FPC2 to Windows7 due to Microsoft's discontinued support of WindowsXP and it has rendered the box completely useless.

It ran OK in Windows XP and I've just reinstalled the same utilities that I had before. I've used the latest drivers from this site and removed all the visual extras from the new operating system to aid performance.

With the FPC2 in Windows7 I am now unable to even browse web pages with any fluidity as it is constantly hitting 100% CPU load (I notice that IE11 support for GPU acceleration is unavailable also is that why?)

I've tried installing Google Chrome and the performance is just as poor

Does anyone else find this or have any advice? Or is this PC now obsolete?

mbirger

Post by mbirger »

As said previously, fit-PC2 is a low-end device that may operate with Windows 7, but it will work reasonably when running non consuming applications. If you expect it to run as desktop and take care of your every day activity, it won't happen. It designed for specific use cases.

Return to “Windows 7”