Mint Box Pro. Displayport output died..

colinmcc

Mint Box Pro. Displayport output died..

Post by colinmcc »

Hi,

I have a Mintbox Pro, bought from you on Sept 29 2012. I use dual screens and it has run faultlessly (apart from an update oopsie near the start) without being turned off more than a dozen times over the years. Yesterday while using it the screen connected to the display port went blank and displayed a 'no signal' message.

On rebooting the box mint gives me a series of error messages about not being able to set the resolution for the monitor, and finally ends up with no displayport output. I have tried the monitor on another system and it is working, so have to assume that the displayport itself on the mintbox has failed. I have also pulled the cables and reinserted them in case it was a simple matter of a cable coming unplugged.

I have now reset the system to mirror both screens so I can access my programs on the one working screen, and have copied my current hard drive off to an external USB, so whatever happens I won't 'loose' anything. Is there anything you suggest I do before returning it under warranty? And, who do I contact about a RMA number?

Thanks,
Last edited by colinmcc on Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

colinmcc

Re: Mint Box Pro. Displayport output died..

Post by colinmcc »

BUMP! Does any one read this forum?
Geek by nature.. Linux by choice.. ;-)

mbirger

Post by mbirger »

You're talking about the first Mintbox, based on fit-PC3 Pro. Right?
First, like any failure of this kind try the following:
1. Reset the BIOS - unpower, open the service door, remove the RAM, short two TPs (TP136 and TP137) called RESET BIOS. Install everything back and check operation.
2. Make a clear installation of OS + fit-PC3 drivers (if windows) on the storage device
3. Try other storage device
4. RMA
http://www.fit-pc.com/web/support/rma/

colinmcc

Post by colinmcc »

Yes the first mint box pro.. I've no idea what it was 'based' on. That is the name it was sold under.
short two TPs (TP136 and TP137) What is a 'TP'?
Make a clear installation of OS + fit-PC3 drivers No disk of mint came with it.. What does 'clear' mean?

mbirger

Post by mbirger »

TP is test point, small metal dots on the board.

colinmcc

Post by colinmcc »

Hi,

I just ordered a new MintBox2 from Amazon.. When I get it I intend to transfer all my files to the 'new' MintBox first, and then will see if I can get the old MintBox going. If it does turn out to be a hardware failure I will request a RMA.

Thanks,

Colin

Return to “fit-PC3 faults and troubleshooting”