Power button is bad

alpha_one_x86

Power button is bad

Post by alpha_one_x86 »

Hello,

The power button is bad, I don't know when is pressed, and I need use lot of pression.
The button of fitpc 2 was perfect.

Cheers,
My project for do file copy: http://ultracopier.first-world.info/

irads

Re: Power button is bad

Post by irads »

It's difficult to satisfy all users with the design of a power button.
We are glad to hear you liked the design of power button in fit-PC2, but some users complained that the power button of fit-PC2 was to easy to press accidentally.
In fit-PC3 and IPC we placed the button on the back. Some users could not find or easily reach it.
In fitlet we tried to make the button relatively large, with light, and some resistance so it is not pressed accidentally. This is under the assumption that the button is not used often. BTW, fitlet power button has another feature that we did not advertise yet - mechanical locking.

Thank you for the feedback.

alpha_one_x86

Post by alpha_one_x86 »

irads wrote:easy to press accidentally
It's exactly what I search to have urgency unmount crytographic volume and protect my privdate data. And some thing discret. It's not possible to do a guide to sold another clean button?
One of my problem it's I don't know when is off or on, I don't feel it. You can even keep hard to press, but with feel to known when is pressed (closed circuit) or not.
irads wrote:easy to press accidentally
PS: into the action you can disable the shutdown if button is pressed.
My project for do file copy: http://ultracopier.first-world.info/

Pieter

Post by Pieter »

For me, an issue with the power button is that the colour difference between the fitlet on (= green) and the fitlet off, but still connected to power (= orange) is not visible enough.
Is there a way to get the power led to be off (no colour/ no light) when the fitlet is off but still connected to power?
This is the way it worked for the Fit-pc power light, that was a better solution for me.

mbirger

Post by mbirger »

fitlet power LED operation cannot be changed at this time, but we are constantly trying to get feedback from our customers and implement better user experience in future releases and products.

Return to “Mechanical”