View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:11 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 M.2 wifi compatibility 

Post M.2 wifi compatibility
Hey fit-iot,

I'm experiencing an issue with my fitlet 2. I have a known working fitlet2 and fc-pci card populated with an intel 8265 wifi card. I have removed the 8265 and tried using a 9260 (tested working in another machine) and only the bluetooth component populates, no output is provided from lspci or dmesg to indicate that a wifi component is even plugged in. I'm running kernel version 4.20.8 and have the 9260 driver installed, but I would not expect those to have any bearing on the card being detected as installed. Is there a compatibility issue here?

Regards,

kwitiii

Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:30 pm
Site Admin

Post Re: M.2 wifi compatibility
We haven't tested the Intel 9260AC, but we have heard from customers that the following might work:

The cause of this issue is probably due to the inability to choose the right PCI interface speed
• PCI setting for Gen2 and De-emphasis in BIOS

Some platforms experience difficulties enumerating the Wi-Fi device after warm boot. The cause of this issue is the ability to choose the right PCI interface speed (Gen1/2). A fix for this issue is to disable the PCI De-emphasis option in the BIOS and set speed to Gen2.

1. De-emphasis disabled.
2. Speed – AUTO (to allow Gen2 speed).

Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:44 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]