Question about Airtop's modularity?

nagas3000

Question about Airtop's modularity?

Post by nagas3000 »

I am primarily looking to buy an airtop 3 because I frequently move from place to place. But the desired specifications I am looking for are a bit pricey and I was wondering how much of them can I remove and add my own parts while to be frank I can just buy cheaper locally. Which parts arent interchangable with regular desktop parts (from my research I am pretty sure that the CPU isn't removeable) and which parts are changed with a little bit/a lot of work (from Linus tech tips video the presenter notes that he's pretty certain you could just remove the fans and the heat dissipation plate from a regular off the shelf gpu and just screw it in the mounting holes for the gpu). Also, which parts of a computer you could just "bolt on" (add) like on a regular pc (like the SSDs and RAMs)?

Also does the Airtop 3 ship with EU power cords or only NA cords?

Just to be clear I know that the Airtop 3 isn't meant for gaming but I need the small form factor that is portable.

tamir
Site Admin

Re: Question about Airtop's modularity?

Post by tamir »

Standard peripherals such as SSD/Memory are interchangeable but CPU/GPU are not, please see Airtop3's FAQ for the complete answer:
https://fit-iot.com/web/airtop3-frequen ... questions/

The default option for the AC cord is NA.

Return to “General Airtop3 questions”