Readyboost performance

Click_It

Readyboost performance

Post by Click_It »

I've got 2x Fit-PC2's on the way and I'm just wondering if any of you have experience with ReadyBoost under Vista/Win? I'll probably run Vista unless I find it too memory hungry for my given applications. Now I'm going to need to purchase a 4/8GB USB drive anyway for OS Installation and I'm thinking I might as well fork out for a high performance drive and dedicate it to Readyboost afterwards.

It certainly can't hurt to have 1 running. What are your experiences?

Click_It

Re: Readyboost performance

Post by Click_It »

Well I've been looking up results from Dell Mini9/10/12 owners as essentially they are Fit-PC2's with monitors attached. Mixed results, mostly good but it seems a lot of people just don't bother with ReadyBoost. I'll have some results to share in the future as I'm planning to get a nice fast 4-8GB USB and also a MicroSDHC /w Mini Adapter. My plan is to eventually run Win7 where I can run both simultaneously. I just figured we might as well put the MiniSD slot to use since I'll otherwise never use it for anything.

Well, I'll bump this thread with results later if anyone's interested. Apparently my 2x Fit-PC2's were shipped yesterday (I'm in Australia)

gmv100

Post by gmv100 »

Click_It wrote:I'm planning to get ... a MicroSDHC /w Mini Adapter.
Click_It wrote:I just figured we might as well put the MiniSD slot to use since I'll otherwise never use it for anything.
Be careful if you are planning to use a MicroSDHC in the MiniSD slot. I believe it has been stated that the FitPC only works with standard (i.e. non HC) versions of SD cards.
If you want to use a MicroSDHC you will need a USB adapter (which cost pennies on eBay).

Click_It

Post by Click_It »

Thanks, I didn't know about the SD limitation.

Return to “Windows on fit-PC2”