Monitor microphone input?

Audio codec and audio ports
benbyfield

Monitor microphone input?

Post by benbyfield »

Hi,

I can't get my fitpc2 to monitor the microphone input. This is a really important function for me which I have always found on desktop pcs. I hope the fitpc 2 supports it. The exact details are:

When I plug in a microphone I can record its sound and see its input level on a software level meter but I can't hear it through my speakers. When the file is played back it is ok and all other audio functions are fine.

All sliders are on full in windows volume control
The 'sound hardware test wizard' says the devices are working correctly
Device manager shows no hardware problems

I have the standard fitpc2 oem winxp.

For audio output I use logitech z5 usb speakers. (Set as default)
For input the onboard realtek is set as default.

I have read that on some laptops the monitor microphone function is disabled in the system registry. Is this the problem here?

Thanks for an otherwise brilliant product.

Ben

Damike5646845646

Microphone dosen't work

Post by Damike5646845646 »

Hello well i got almost the same problem! First i have to say that my english is very poor i am form munich...anyway :)

the problem ist that no sound can be recorded or displayed in monitor but i can hear for example musik if i want i use windows 7pro . if i want to install the driver from the compulap website the setup will be finished propper! but in the system device manager will only displayed the standart windows audio device with windows standard driver can that be the problem?

anyway sound headset (speaker work) mic dosent work both plugs are 3,5mm

Please help me :)

system : d2g-c1600-h-n4-w-x ,windows7 pro, fitpc2i

benbyfield

Re: Monitor microphone input?

Post by benbyfield »

My problem was embarrassingly easy to fix. In the tab with volume sliders of the Realtek utility in control pannel there are some scroll arrows that I missed. This scrolls to the right revealing a slider for microphone output which was muted. There is no equivalent in the windows volume control utility so I wasn't expecting it.

Return to “Audio”