fit-VGA problem (solved)

DVI, HDMI (or lack of), VGA (or lack of), supported displays
superMario

fit-VGA problem (solved)

Post by superMario »

Hi all,

I recently got my fit-pc2 (rev 1.21 as far as I can tell) with Windows 7 on it. I'm pretty happy about the overall product but I'm having issues to get my display to work with the fit-pc2.... Hopefully somebody can help me with that!
Here is the problem:
I have a LCD display which only uses the VGA (Red/Green/Blue and the Vertical/Horizontal sync signals) to display the screen. I think that the display doesn't do any DDC and EDID handling. I bought the fitVGA adapter to connect to this screen. I experience the following behavior :
When I boot the fit-pc2 with the screen connected, I can see the BIOS boot screen and the windows startup screen (Windows loading...), after that the screen gets suspended and doesn't display anything.
I installed the latest graphics drivers 9win7_video_GMA500_100705) and the latest BIOS (Bios_091224) on the fit-pc2, but it doesn't seem to help the problem. I have a WinXP laptop with VGA output and when I hook this one up to the screen it works just fine...
Is it possible that Windows 7 is the problem? Or does the fitVGA not support VGA output for my screen?
I think this problem must be some sort of software problem since I can see the boot-up screen just fine!
Any help or ideas are greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Mario

superMario

Re: (Fit)VGA problem !!! Need help!

Post by superMario »

hi all,

just resolved the problem myself! I had to disable the intel drivers and use the standard windows drivers instead!
I hope that helps some people that might have the same problem!

Bye,
Mario

mell

Re: (Fit)VGA problem !!! Need help!

Post by mell »

Greetings! How you have made it? It is possible to describe in detail?

superMario

Re: fit-VGA problem (solved)

Post by superMario »

Hi,

all you have to do is go to your device manager and select "Display adapter", by right clicking the symbol you can disable the intel(or any other kind of installed driver). This enables the standard windows graphics driver and this seems to be fine with my screen and settings!
I hope this helps!

Best,
Mario

Return to “Display interface”