WiFi problem in linux

alexxx

WiFi problem in linux

Post by alexxx »

Hi people,
I have problems with my new Fit-pc2i with Ubuntu.

It recognized my wifi router, asked the password, and the password of the keyring.
Then it connected flawlessly.

After a day it deconnected - no big deal I thought - but now, 1) it seems unable to connect although it lists my router as visible, and 2) more annoying, it keeps on asking me the router password - shouldnt it memorize it in the keyring???

BTW problem 2) was already present in my previous Fit-pc 1st gen - I would have thought that such a bug be already eliminated!

thanks for any hint...

alessandro

fly

Re: linux problems

Post by fly »

This does not sound like a fitPC -- no matter what generation -- problem. Which version of Ubuntu are you using? You can select which password is remembered and which ssid is set to autojoin in the network manager.

alexxx

Post by alexxx »

Ubuntu is 9.10 - as shipped.

Since I posted, it was able in some cases to connect.
Unfortunately the connection is not so stable.
I noticed that it pops up the password window whenever it fails to connect: I guess it sees the wifi router, but possibly the signal is too low to connect (is it possible?).
So for some stupid reason it believes that the password is wrong and asks it again.
For sure I gave it access to the wallet, and in the connection details for that network the password is set.

alessandro

fly

Post by fly »

I noticed that it pops up the password window whenever it fails to connect: I guess it sees the wifi router, but possibly the signal is too low to connect (is it possible?).
So for some stupid reason it believes that the password is wrong and asks it again.
Now as you mention it, I think this happens when the authentication started but got interrupted too often. This could be caused by a weak signal link. You should try to get the fitPC closer to the access point and -just for testing- disable encryption for some minutes and have a look if that changes your problems. Scrolling through the bug reports, there were some issues with wpa networks, but they should have been fixed since.

Return to “Ubuntu 9.10”