Rii Portable 2.4GHz Mini Wireless Keyboard Support?

USB ports capabilities
agb

Rii Portable 2.4GHz Mini Wireless Keyboard Support?

Post by agb »

Ive just purchased one of these. Works with my other computers (pc & mac) but no luck on the fit-pc.

http://www.brainydeal.com/Rii-Portable- ... UE52ME.htm

Any reason why it should not work?

Im on a fit-pc 2i running ubuntu 10.?

Thanks
A

fly

Re: Rii Portable 2.4GHz Mini Wireless Keyboard Support?

Post by fly »

Well.. providing some additional information might be helpful (dmesg, lsusb..)...

... I don't know if this is present in fitpc2i but are you using the front left usb port for the dongle? If so, this port is USB2 only, some keyboards and mices don't work on this port. It might be a good idea to test differnet usb ports.

... this is a wirelress keyboard operating in 2.4GHz range used by wlan. It might help to deactivate wlan for testing purpose.

... being a wireless keyboard, there is most likely an option to use it in wired mode, too. If so, does this work?

agb

Post by agb »

Good idea.
Disabled wlan0 and the device paired after a couple of gos. (had to pull the connector out the usb port and plug it back in again)

Then able to re-enable wlan.

For reference I have it plugged into one of the USB ports on the back of the device.

vegham

Post by vegham »

I have been using this on my fit-pc2 for a while. Worked first time, running ubuntu 9.10. I even installed Ubuntu by using this keyboard.
Linux nerd

Return to “USB”