New display driver for headless operation

Leonid

New display driver for headless operation

Post by Leonid »

New video for headless system (IEGD) is uploaded: http://www.fit-pc2.com/download/xp-driv ... 100704.zip

Notes:
This driver is compatible with fit-PC2 and fit-PC2i.
Leonid Firdman

sdrevik

Re: New display driver for headless operation

Post by sdrevik »

What about Windows 7?

I read that the XP driver will work under W7, but I can't install, it still keeps the standard VGA driver, even if I remove it.

Leonid

Post by Leonid »

Leonid Firdman

LG1

Post by LG1 »

what are the improvements?

edit : o wait your post if from april

RonM

Post by RonM »

Leonid wrote:New video for headless system (IEGD) is uploaded: http://www.fit-pc2.com/download/xp-driv ... 100704.zip

Notes:
This driver is compatible with fit-PC2 and fit-PC2i.
This link doesn't work.

I'm about to reinstall XP on a new 1tb hard drive in my Fit2, after the 500 gb drive has maxed out. I see no need to switch from XP, since it's been stable as a foundation for my Squeezebox operation, hosting the fileserver on the Fit.

I'd also like to know where any other files I might need can be found.

Ron

gabrielh
Site Admin

Post by gabrielh »

Hello Ron

Thank you for your inquiry.

This is an outdated link. Please follow http://www.fit-pc2.com/download/xp-drivers/ for the latest fit-PC2 Windows XP drivers
Gabriel Heifets

Fit-PC2/3/IntensePC support.

vtailor

Post by vtailor »

"Headless operation", what does that mean? You mean using the fit-pc2 as a server of some kind, where graphics acceleration does not matter? Direct Draw only? Tsk.

Guess what? There is a built-in program called dxdiag.exe that is the son of the old cube spinning program in Windows XP. And, it says that the fit-pc2 is a DirectX 9.1 system with acceleration going for the AGP bus. In other words, the 2010 gma500 driver is a success, but you only get that success by running it in its initial mode when installed, i. e., 1024x768 digital+mid at 75 hertzel.

vtailor

Post by vtailor »

I am writing this from the fit-pc2 z530 running Windows 8 and using the Windows 7 gma500 graphics driver. When I re-installed the driver and ran dxdiag, I got "DirectX Version: DirectX 11". Re-installing brought me to a nearly 16:9 resolution of 1680x1050 at 60 hertzels, and I get direct video acceleration on some streaming flash and software acceleration on others.

Return to “Display driver”